• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV door hinge lubrication

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a success story how they lubricated the front door hinges without removing them? The drivers door is normal but my wife’s side is pretty stiff.
The problem is not lack of use either. As we are traveling for nearly 4 months this year. She gets in and out more than I typically with help backing up and such.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a success story how they lubricated the front door hinges without removing them? The drivers door is normal but my wife’s side is pretty stiff.
The problem is not lack of use either. As we are traveling for nearly 4 months this year. She gets in and out more than I typically with help backing up and such.
I put red tacky grease in the slide bar tract under the door itself and changed the whole feel of the door ! You will be surprised !

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lower track can make a big difference, but for the hinges, a penetrating oil worked quite well. My doors were extremely stiff wife and kids couldn't move them, greasing the track and oiling the hinges now they swing easily.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MAC 1370 chain and cable lube spray from NAPA or elsewhere. It has a low viscosity penetrant, then leaves behind a film of heavy lube. I use it on the hinges and on the door limiter track underneath.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks