• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Gunners Platform Install Start

FloridaAKM

Well, we can add a name to the list of folks to avoid @ all costs. It is too bad that you had to go to this length to let him make it good, only to come up empty handed. This guy tried to sell me a HEMMT tractor, but I had no use for a parts tractor @ any price. What comes around, goes around, is the old saying if I remember correctly; he will get a foul taste of Karma in the future due to his dealings.

coachgeo

Well this may sound little off...... but... hope it is just we've discovered an A-hole. Saying this cause would rather it be that instead of it being Al/Michael is going thru a major personal health or family crisis that is causing him to drop so many balls right now. If he is going thru a crisis; I'm sure if he gets word to us my bet is he'll find a good number of Steel Soldiers members who would be willing to offer small help; that collectively would be a large help for him and/or family to get thru it.

Best of luck toward everyone getting things resolved.

edit... Michael name added

Last edited:

Rebuilder

Not sure if this adds anything to the conversation or just muddies the waters but I had a few back and forth messages with LMTV772 and he signed them ~michael. Seems odd that he would use different names.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well this may sound little off...... but... hope it is just we've discovered an A-hole. Saying this cause would rather it be that instead of it being Al/Michael is going thru a major personal health or family crisis that is causing him to drop so many balls right now. If he is going thru a crisis; I'm sure if he gets word to us my bet is he'll find a good number of Steel Soldiers members who would be willing to offer small help; that collectively would be a large help for him and/or family to get thru it.
He's demonstrated several times over that it's a personal shortcoming. People have adversity in their life all the time but, just like using alcohol, they tend to bring out a person's true nature. If you're going to be a jerk drinking or having a rough time just amplifies that part of your nature.

Not sure if this adds anything to the conversation or just muddies the waters but I had a few back and forth messages with LMTV772 and he signed them ~michael. Seems odd that he would use different names.
Con artists and crooks use multiple names all the time. Look at his eBay name. It has nothing to do with Michael or Al.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Suggestion, once the unapproved action is fully defined for everyone to see, as it has been here (from one side of the argument), 'nuff said. No point speculating or beating the guy further. Since he is banned, he can't even speak up for himself, or defend against those who got him banned in the first place.
I have had good dealings with him.
Bob

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Suggestion, once the unapproved action is fully defined for everyone to see, as it has been here (from one side of the argument), 'nuff said. No point speculating or beating the guy further. Since he is banned, he can't even speak up for himself, or defend against those who got him banned in the first place.
I have had good dealings with him.
Bob
Bob,

Glad things worked out for you when dealing with him. Unfortunately it didn't turn out well for Overdrive and cost him a considerable amount of money. LMTV772 didn't get banned without cause. He was given multiple opportunities to straighten up but seemed to have some sort of drive to act like a jerk particularly to a couple of different members. He was warned, he was given a day off, then (I believe but don't quote me) more time off before finally getting banned.

We have new members arriving here daily and unless they've read all of the M1078 threads they're unlikely to know about this guy and deserve to see who they might be dealing with on eBay or through Craigslist or even in person. You've been around long enough to know about Daryl Braun and how many members he screwed out of money. There were folks that had good dealings with him too just not as many as had bad dealings with him. I'd like this guy's name to be just as well known as Braun's so he isn't able to sneak back in here and steal money from someone else I consider a friend.

Mark

coachgeo

.... No point speculating or beating the guy further. Since he is banned, he can't even speak up for himself, or defend against those who got him banned in the first place......
As I mentioned nearly 10 post earlier fully support the point of him not being able to defend himself on matters of the sell due to the ban. Thus much more on that is beating dead horse unless someone has info that can help buyer collect his merchandise. Are there any Floridians who can stop by and kindly offer to pick up Overdrives stuff for shipping? Maybe PM Overdrive? Had to do this once with a motorcycle I bought in CA. I was in TX. Seller disappeared after receiving payment... a member of a large Motorcycle board I was on who was local to seller offered to stop by his place after we found it with some search. Sellers wife disclosed he was in Hospital and knew nothing about it till she called him there. Local fellow was kind enough to pick up the bike and put it in storage at his place for me till I could make other arrangements to have it shipped. All worked out well. Seller got back into to life and followed up later sending me the title in the mail. Shiat happens.... you fertilize a garden with it.

As to "who got him banned"... that really does not exist in any Long Term or Permanent ban situation. At least not if Admin's and Moderators are worth their salt. Having been a moderator myself for decade + on a forum like this and few other smaller.... when it comes down to it.... ""not anyone or even a few can get someone else permanently or Long Term banned"""... Does not work like that. In long run these kind of bannings; most often handed out by Admin, go only to those who have earned it all on their own. Typically no one except Admin and the Mods who advised the admin are privy to reasons why such a Ban happens.. or in this case why a one week ban got upgraded to how it sits now, be it Permanent.. 6 months or a year.

Hope all works out well for everyone.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks