• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Hitch Extension Kit installed!

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, it looks like SteelSoldiers shrunk the resolution. I'll see if I can convert them again, or try to figure out why it was failing. At least a decent copy of them is safe for now.

As for scanning them, the best he could do is to make sure he scans at the highest resolution his scanner supports (probably 600dpi, maybe 1200dpi if it's really nice). However, once you go into a raster (image with pixels) format, you can't really ever go back to vector (equations that define the position of lines, that are thus infinitely scalable). There are some tricks with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), but that only works with text and wouldn't help engineering drawings like these. There is no YouTube video to fix this... it's a fundamental problem once the necessary information is gone.

coachgeo

Yeah, it looks like SteelSoldiers shrunk the resolution. I'll see if I can convert them again, or try to figure out why it was failing. At least a decent copy of them is safe for now.

As for scanning them, the best he could do is to make sure he scans at the highest resolution his scanner supports (probably 600dpi, maybe 1200dpi if it's really nice). However, once you go into a raster (image with pixels) format, you can't really ever go back to vector (equations that define the position of lines, that are thus infinitely scalable). There are some tricks with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), but that only works with text and wouldn't help engineering drawings like these. There is no YouTube video to fix this... it's a fundamental problem once the necessary information is gone.
from what I read this is not true. 200 to 400 dpi is recommended for line art. The conversion to vector works better with not highest detail

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks