• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV M1078 1998 3116 - Wiring Issue, I'm flummoxed !!

Kit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Gentlemen
First time I've asked for help, I'm humbled. Stripped out this cab for paint and refit. On re-assembly I cannot remember where in the world to plug in the female P31 engine harness plug in the drivers side dash. I've looked everywhere for the male J31 plug. You would expect that it comes over from the PDP in the main dash wiring harness, it does not! WHAT THE HELL AM I MISSING, I FEEL LIKE AM IDIOT. Where should I be looking??

Kit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
J31 is for the auxiliary panel. You must be winch-less and tach-less.
I am winch-less, tach-less and wit-less! In my 2 older trucks (2-3 years older with early PDP) P & J31 are engine. I cannot locate a wiring diagram for this truck, it is widely claimed to not be released yet.
Thanks for your consideration
Kit

Ronmar

Is she a freak?
Well a 98 should have the black modular power panel, not the green printed circuit type.

On the A0 P31 is indeed the engine connection to the 3116 sensors and controls. On an A1, I am not finding P31… closest I am finding is PX33, which is the shift controller connector…

Last edited:

Kit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well a 98 should have the black modular power panel, not the green printed circuit type.

On the A0 P31 is indeed the engine connection to the 3116 sensors and controls. On an A1, I am not finding P31… closest I am finding is PX33, which is the shift controller connector…
Hi Ronmar,
Do you have access to the wiring diagram for the 98? I have unsuccessfully searched the entire planet for that, sent a letter to S&S and hassled the military. I think Ill be thrown in jail soon !!
Kit

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Ronmar,
Do you have access to the wiring diagram for the 98? I have unsuccessfully searched the entire planet for that, sent a letter to S&S and hassled the military. I think Ill be thrown in jail soon !!
Kit
I have all the wiring diagrams for every model - and all the other documentation in the TM's, etc. What is your serial number and what are you looking for?

Here's a collection of A0 through A1R schematics I put together. It covers most trucks:

Ronmar

Well it is here in the tech manual section… in the back of tech manuals 20-1.pdf thru 20-5.pdf you will find the wiring diagrams

Kit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have all the wiring diagrams for every model - and all the other documentation in the TM's, etc. What is your serial number and what are you looking for?

Here's a collection of A0 through A1R schematics I put together. It covers most trucks:

WOW these are awesome, I will study them to see which one is mine. Cannot thank you enough. This really helps. I'll keep you in the loop as this seems to be a rubics cube issue and nothing if not entertaining.

Kit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You said 1998 year model. What do you have.
The ID tag says its a 5/98 A0 w/CAT 3116, however, it has taken a couple days of research but I think this thing is a 98 A0 with a dash, PDP and wiring harness of an A1. I believe this is why I cant make sense of it.

Kit

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The ID tag says its a 5/98 A0 w/CAT 3116, however, it has taken a couple days of research but I think this thing is a 98 A0 with a dash, PDP and wiring harness of an A1. I believe this is why I cant make sense of it.

coachgeo

eventually will get this done right..... which one(s) of these files should you download? I am running Linux Fedora.... and can use searchable PDF's .. but not sure which of these file(s) lets ya do that trick.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
eventually will get this done right..... which one(s) of these files should you download? I am running Linux Fedora.... and can use searchable PDF's .. but not sure which of these file(s) lets ya do that trick.
Click on the "PDF" link under download options. It's not going to be searchable. The images dumped into the PDF haven't been run through OCR and I'm not sure all of them are high enough quality for that to work reliably. They are generally good enough for someone that can read schematics. It's the best option I've come up with a simple download. To get setup with the digital manuals requires GB of data transfer and must be installed under Windows - it uses a local machine web host as it's back end so I doubt it could be easily made to work under Linux.

Kit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Click on the "PDF" link under download options. It's not going to be searchable. The images dumped into the PDF haven't been run through OCR and I'm not sure all of them are high enough quality for that to work reliably. They are generally good enough for someone that can read schematics. It's the best option I've come up with a simple download. To get setup with the digital manuals requires GB of data transfer and must be installed under Windows - it uses a local machine web host as it's back end so I doubt it could be easily made to work under Linux.
Thank you General, its exactly what I needed

Kit

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Your diagrams helped me figure out that the truck I bought had an A1 cab on an A0 chassis, solved!! Thank you very much
Kit

Kit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you everyone for your help, the problem is finally solved. This truck I bought is an A0 with A1 wiring, that wont work. Found all the parts on EBAY and poof, FIXED!
Thanks again all

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks