• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV radiator fan stuck

Ronmar

24v at the solenoid = fan OFF. No voltage at the solenoid = fan ON.. so when you unplug the sensor the power at the solenoid should disappear, which wpuld be perfectly normal.

It is also normal for the solenoid to energize when you turn on the ign switch and to de-energize and vent air every time you turn off the ign switch.

Does your solenoid even go "click"?

You could hook up a test light or a relay to the solenoid wires to insure the circuit is capable of delivering enough current to energize the solenoid...

derpschitz

24v at the solenoid = fan OFF. No voltage at the solenoid = fan ON.. so when you unplug the sensor the power at the solenoid should disappear, which wpuld be perfectly normal.

It is also normal for the solenoid to energize when you turn on the ign switch and to de-energize and vent air every time you turn off the ign switch.

Does your solenoid even go "click"?

You could hook up a test light or a relay to the solenoid wires to insure the circuit is capable of delivering enough current to energize the solenoid...
I've got a pretty good multimeter, there is definitely adequate power to the solenoid.

Ronmar

I've got a pretty good multimeter, there is definitely adequate power to the solenoid.
One of the first rules of electrical troubleshooting, besides not letting the magic smoke out, is that voltage is only good if measured good under load. The tiniest fragment of a crappy connection will still pass full voltage throughout the circuit untill current starts to flow when it is actually called upon to do some work...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks