• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV temp light on

Thomas_G

Anyone have the issue on their FMTV where the temp is 195 and high temp light staying on? Had a issue with air leak at front emergency glad hand and fixed that but temp stays at 195 with light still on.

Thomas_G

9/97, 1078 is model. Mechanical Caterpillar 3116. i used to be DFP rep for caterpillar but had newer generation of trucks. I do know like in civilian Top Kicks back in the day this light would always be on

winfred

generic automotive wiring diagnostic knowledge thinks this outta be a thermal switch grounding a light bulb with either switched or constant voltage on the opposing side of the bulb, a failed switch should be able to troubleshooted by unplugging it and the light goes out, if the light remains on a short to ground in the wiring would turn on the light, if a wiring diagram exists for this circuit that should confirm if the circuit is as i suspect, if it was a computer engine then maybe the possibility of a logic driven warning exists but i doubt it given the nature of the vehicle and this is a simple dummy light. i know squat about a lmtv but am a ASE master tech/100% gm certified and have stayed at a holiday inn express more then once :D

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wiring diagrams for the FMTV series are found at the back of the -20-1 manuals (TM 9-2320-365-20-1 for the LMTV, found in the Technical Manual section of this site). The wiring, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams are all foldouts and will may not be found via a search with Adobe Acrobat. The foldouts are located at the back of the manual, behind the subject index.

Stay safe and stay in touch,

firefinder

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks