• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV temp light on

Thomas_G

Anyone have the issue on their FMTV where the temp is 195 and high temp light staying on? Had a issue with air leak at front emergency glad hand and fixed that but temp stays at 195 with light still on.

Thomas_G

9/97, 1078 is model. Mechanical Caterpillar 3116. i used to be DFP rep for caterpillar but had newer generation of trucks. I do know like in civilian Top Kicks back in the day this light would always be on

winfred

generic automotive wiring diagnostic knowledge thinks this outta be a thermal switch grounding a light bulb with either switched or constant voltage on the opposing side of the bulb, a failed switch should be able to troubleshooted by unplugging it and the light goes out, if the light remains on a short to ground in the wiring would turn on the light, if a wiring diagram exists for this circuit that should confirm if the circuit is as i suspect, if it was a computer engine then maybe the possibility of a logic driven warning exists but i doubt it given the nature of the vehicle and this is a simple dummy light. i know squat about a lmtv but am a ASE master tech/100% gm certified and have stayed at a holiday inn express more then once :D

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wiring diagrams for the FMTV series are found at the back of the -20-1 manuals (TM 9-2320-365-20-1 for the LMTV, found in the Technical Manual section of this site). The wiring, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams are all foldouts and will may not be found via a search with Adobe Acrobat. The foldouts are located at the back of the manual, behind the subject index.

Stay safe and stay in touch,

firefinder