• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Truck Prices

Overdrive

From what I have seen on *Bay prices are not going up. None of the guys selling LMTVs can get over 10k... and quite a number of them are selling at the 7k to 8.5k range outside of *Bay once the auction ends. Although prices I have seen on GP are in the 7.5k to 11k range for standard M1078s. M1079s are all over the place up to 20+k.

Seems like the reseller folks have a bit of a challenge making oodles of money buying up a lot of the trucks on GP.

Might be a good idea to have full disclosure statement in signatures... IE

OD
MV enthusiast and potential owner
Currently own a couple of trailers with plans to purchase in LMTV in the near future from GP.
No affiliation to a commercial, reseller, or transporter of MVs.
My comments on this forum by me are strictly from an enthusiast perspective and wanting to share my knowledge and learn new things.
I am not in business making money from MV or parts sales however I may sell items from time 2 time.
I am a prior Army veteran just shy of 8 years from 1988 to 1995 serving as a 19E and 19K (M60A3 and M1/M1A1 Armor Crewman) and a 74C Record Telecommunications Center Operator.

Last edited:

Lmtv772

Banned
There is no way one can buy a LMTV for $7500 on GP and make your money back in selling them for under 10k.
Even if you get a truck for a cheap $7500 from GP, then you add transport, fees, titling fees, parts, maintenance and your time spent. there is no way to sell it with a profit.
And the truck prices on GP are going up now.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I see bidders going high at some of the auctions. Some of the trucks come back around again at future auctions. I find people will pay more at auction for an unknown truck than they will pay retail for a "truck in hand". Maybe auction fever. Prices usually vary with condition, supply and sometimes season. I think some people buy them at auction and the truck ends up being too much for the person.

Lmtv772

Banned
I agree with you suprman. Most think they get this barely used monster truck for hardly any $$$ just in time for halloween.
There will not be a surprise in form of the wife wrath , but also the surprise of transport cost... or if someone felt really gutsy, the towing cost.

lindsey97

I see bidders going high at some of the auctions. Some of the trucks come back around again at future auctions. I find people will pay more at auction for an unknown truck than they will pay retail for a "truck in hand". Maybe auction fever. Prices usually vary with condition, supply and sometimes season. I think some people buy them at auction and the truck ends up being too much for the person.
Some buyers just do not want other people making a profit off of them. Simple as that. Greed in it's purest form. Don't take this the wrong way, I like a good deal as much as the next guy. But some folks are just too stingy with their $$. Also, they do not realize what it truly costs to transport or mobilize a 20,000 lb. vehicle from an auction to their doorstep. They also think it will be in mint condition when it gets there.

MaiNiaK

Glad I got mine when I did. $5,500 + auction fee and shipping $9000. (9982 miles)

Still running strong, only had minor issues. Passenger side door latch, a few screws missing from heater unit face plate, needed one nut on driverside mirror.
My altinator belt just started squealing and needs to be replaced.
Other then those minor issues and maintenance, I wouldn't sell it for twice what I paid. I'm going to have this truck for a long time and she's going to be worth every penny..!!

Lmtv772

Banned
Glad I got mine when I did. $5,500 + auction fee and shipping $9000. (9982 miles)

Still running strong, only had minor issues. Passenger side door latch, a few screws missing from heater unit face plate, needed one nut on driverside mirror.
My altinator belt just started squealing and needs to be replaced.
Other then those minor issues and maintenance, I wouldn't sell it for twice what I paid. I'm going to have this truck for a long time and she's going to be worth every penny..!!
so the truck still cost you $15k with all said and done. I am glad you enjoy it

Lmtv772

Banned
I could be wrong but I think he means $5500 + auction fees and shipping = $9000. Unless he bought it in Alaska or Hawaii ;)
Transporting an LMTV 600 miles will cost $2500. Transporting 9900 miles will at least cost $9000. I don't think too many of the lurkers realize how large, heavy and consequently how expensive transporting
an LMTV is. So I think he just said what he did and meant it that way.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
He means 9000 total delivered. There are deals to be had if you dont "have to have it right now". I had 2 truck hauled from Bragg to CT for 1700 cash its around 700 miles. You have to shop around for a hauler.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Transporting an LMTV 600 miles will cost $2500. Transporting 9900 miles will at least cost $9000. I don't think too many of the lurkers realize how large, heavy and consequently how expensive transporting
an LMTV is. So I think he just said what he did and meant it that way.
As Bikeman said it came from Fort Bragg ( easy to figure out if you read his other posts ) . If he sold it for 15 grand that would give him a 6 grand profit , not bad on a 9 grand investment.

alpine44

Some buyers just do not want other people making a profit off of them. Simple as that. Greed in it's purest form. Don't take this the wrong way, I like a good deal as much as the next guy. But some folks are just too stingy with their $$. Also, they do not realize what it truly costs to transport or mobilize a 20,000 lb. vehicle from an auction to their doorstep. They also think it will be in mint condition when it gets there.
What we should avoid is throwing money at middle-men, brokers, flippers, etc. who do not add value to the deal in any form. Those people just drive up the market for buyers. Even if you thinks that's great when you are a seller, remember that you were and most like will again be a buyer.