• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Upgrades

coachgeo

One of the completed cab boxes (4 USB ports and 2 lighter plugs).

View attachment 597490

Will add rocker switches to control each port.
Saw those USB units with Voltmeter you put in this box on Amazon. They say to be 12v or 24v. are they really? Can you hook them to 24v and not over voltage things? I have my doubts.

On FleaBay there is a seller who has USB plugs that are 12/24 and include a module that I assume converts from 24 or 12 and drops things to 5a output. On Fleabay one of the versions he sells uses auction number 271904352420 If you want to search him out on Fleabay he goes by ([COLOR=#0654BA !important]kuentl) [/COLOR]

Last edited:

kenet3621

Mileage has been right at 5.61 mpg.
Top speed going downhill has been 64 mph.
On flat highway I am able to run 58 mph (according to speedometer). My GPS tracker has shown speed to be 57 mph. Everything passes me on the highway including school buses and RVs!

1951M1078

When I get my truck ,I think I will put a "Convoy Ahead" sine on the back.

When I think about it ? It will not be slower than my M151.

kenet3621

The weather is warming up so I added a bug screen "door" to the van. It has magnets to "automatically" close back once you go through it. Should keep those pesky bugs out. $5.00 at local BIG LOT store.

Van Bug Curtain.jpg IMAG1781.jpg

Last edited:

jcee

You have really put some thought into your mods and repairs. Impressive. I take it you do not recommend Rhino Liner or anything similar to the interior floor and cab parts.

Do you know of anyone that has taken the thermal barrier to the bottom of the cab?

kenet3621

New LED headlights!

LEDs were too pricey for me so I did an H4 substitution (see post # 25) but anotherSteel Soldier (thanks Coffey1) found me a package deal I could not refuse.

They are extremely bright.

IMAG1897.jpg

Last edited:

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have really put some thought into your mods and repairs. Impressive. I take it you do not recommend Rhino Liner or anything similar to the interior floor and cab parts.

Do you know of anyone that has taken the thermal barrier to the bottom of the cab?
I have approx 40 sq ft of sound mat in my cab. I also covered the bottom...

Pointman

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks