• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Load Bank

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one I have is a Essex A427. It is good for single and 3 phase up to 33kw. I use it a lot more than I expected to.

If you can't find a "real" load bank you can go the space heater route. If you do a quick search here on the forum you'll see members talking about using electric ovens/cooktops, clothes dryers, and garage space heaters as load banks. They all work.

Alamo Water Service

The one I have is a Essex A427. It is good for single and 3 phase up to 33kw. I use it a lot more than I expected to.

If you can't find a "real" load bank you can go the space heater route. If you do a quick search here on the forum you'll see members talking about using electric ovens/cooktops, clothes dryers, and garage space heaters as load banks. They all work.
Great to know, ill try that route as I see online that they are pricey.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can't find any real load banks, some of the military ECUs can often be found for relatively cheap.
I know the 3 ton NordicAir ECU pulls right about 10kw on heat mode. If you go in and disable one heat coil on each phase it's around 6kw, so 2 of those would be about perfect (this is just one example; there are other sizes of ECUs that would probably work better)