• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Load Bank

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one I have is a Essex A427. It is good for single and 3 phase up to 33kw. I use it a lot more than I expected to.

If you can't find a "real" load bank you can go the space heater route. If you do a quick search here on the forum you'll see members talking about using electric ovens/cooktops, clothes dryers, and garage space heaters as load banks. They all work.

Alamo Water Service

The one I have is a Essex A427. It is good for single and 3 phase up to 33kw. I use it a lot more than I expected to.

If you can't find a "real" load bank you can go the space heater route. If you do a quick search here on the forum you'll see members talking about using electric ovens/cooktops, clothes dryers, and garage space heaters as load banks. They all work.
Great to know, ill try that route as I see online that they are pricey.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can't find any real load banks, some of the military ECUs can often be found for relatively cheap.
I know the 3 ton NordicAir ECU pulls right about 10kw on heat mode. If you go in and disable one heat coil on each phase it's around 6kw, so 2 of those would be about perfect (this is just one example; there are other sizes of ECUs that would probably work better)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks