• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lock iinstead of delete sold items in Classifieds?

JCKnife

The site upgrade looks fantastic, thank you.

I was just re-reading the rules as you had wanted, and it occurred to me to comment on something I've been wanting to for a while: when Classified ads are deleted after the item is sold, we lose a valuable piece of information: what did the item sell for? If locked but left in place, both buyers and sellers could scan locked threads in order to see "the going price" for a given item.

At a much larger forum I'm part of, it is in fact a rule that prices cannot be deleted after an item sells so that future parties can see this info. I find it very useful. Just a suggestion!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It would take up a lot of space, we have auto delete for non-active ads, the delete rule was one of the things members wanted when the new classifieds was set up, will fill up the classifieds with a lot of closed ads, now when members see a ad, they KNOW it is for sale, some members will miss the CLOSED, read the full ad, only to find the item SOLD which is a major waste of time. We want the SS classifieds to be user friendly, easy to use, not cluttered with unnecessary stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks