• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lock iinstead of delete sold items in Classifieds?

JCKnife

The site upgrade looks fantastic, thank you.

I was just re-reading the rules as you had wanted, and it occurred to me to comment on something I've been wanting to for a while: when Classified ads are deleted after the item is sold, we lose a valuable piece of information: what did the item sell for? If locked but left in place, both buyers and sellers could scan locked threads in order to see "the going price" for a given item.

At a much larger forum I'm part of, it is in fact a rule that prices cannot be deleted after an item sells so that future parties can see this info. I find it very useful. Just a suggestion!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It would take up a lot of space, we have auto delete for non-active ads, the delete rule was one of the things members wanted when the new classifieds was set up, will fill up the classifieds with a lot of closed ads, now when members see a ad, they KNOW it is for sale, some members will miss the CLOSED, read the full ad, only to find the item SOLD which is a major waste of time. We want the SS classifieds to be user friendly, easy to use, not cluttered with unnecessary stuff.