• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locked up cummins in the M923

smittyjr355

Well my worst nightmare is now reality!!! I have bearings welded to the crankshaft..... Now I have to decide what to do. Should know by the end of the week if I'm gonna part her out!!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Should know by the end of the week if I'm gonna part her out!!
I don't know what you got in it but you prob won't get much more than scrap value.

They are scrapping out trucks in Mississippi every day and pulling good running engines out of them.

That's a long way to ship an engine but if the price is right you can save the truck.

PM me for contact info.

Danl

Danl M915A1

Wow its to bad that this is happen because these are nice trucks you guys are getting, there are 16 trucks in ma. I will be going there to check them out. I'll look over all 16 and rate them if anyboby wants the rateing PM me.

carbonraptor

Im not sure if this is of any use to you or not. I am not too sure of the inner workings of the nhc 250's at least not till i get mine home and go through it all but if those pistons are aluminum then bearing in mind that the block is iron, you could use some ferric chloride to eat away the aluiminum that im sure is built up in the cylinder walls. its about 10 bucks to get at radioshack. I did it on a air compressor crankshaft when the piston rod (aluminum) self destructed and galled up on the crankshaft (iron). the crankshaft was virtually unharmed. just some info u might be able to use. Be careful tho as it is a acid. Its designed to etch circuit boards but works the same with aluminim, it just doesent eat the iron.

MilitaryRestoration

no it came out of ft. lewis, bidded on all of them and got this one, prob the only one thats doing this lol :-! We will probably scrap motor and drop a 400 in, I've got enough 250's in other trucks ;-)

carbon-I take it thats your truck in your avatar... we looked that truck over, good looking truck

Danl

Danl M915A1

Now that will be something 400 in a 923 i would like to be keeped posted start a thread and send pictures

martinwcox

I live about 30 mins away, was going out to take a look as well, let me know when you are going, maybe we can tag team, send me a PM.

Martin.

Wow its to bad that this is happen because these are nice trucks you guys are getting, there are 16 trucks in ma. I will be going there to check them out. I'll look over all 16 and rate them if anyboby wants the rateing PM me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks