• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locker question

55Cameo

Yes, leave them in. I installed a Overson locker in my bobbed Deuce in the rear and it helps tremendously!! I have another that I have yet to install in the front but with the 53's it doesn't get stuck very often with just the one in the rear. I just haven't had the time to put the one in the front yet.

means instead of only one tire driving. you have both sides of the axle driving. making it a true 4x4 or 6x6. (in a normal deuce only one side or the other drives the axle, the one with the least resistance)

67Cougar

Lockers make sure that you can get in far enough that nobody in their right mind can come and get you out. Makes for some really late nights.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CDUB: I am sure you do not have a locker in the front axle. I've had several former USMC trucks and none have had a locker in the front axle.

Cdub

That's what I've been told and belived it until I had to pull this deuce off the gravel pile and the people standing watching told me that both front wheels were digging in.....

Is there any way I could tell from looking at the out side....??

Cheers,

C'dub

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No visual way to tell CW. On certain terrains under the right condition, both will pull. Soft gravel, even weight distribution and so forth will do that. One easy way to tell is to go back to the gravel, lock in AWD and try turning. It will do some crazy things and you will know.

Cdub

I'm sure from what you guys are telling me is true as I'm still very new to this stuff.........Thanks Bruce and Ken for the help..... [thumbzup]

Cheers,

C'dub

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny I might be wrong but I thought that with a locker if we jacked up one wheel it should not turn. If it was open diff. it should turn the drive shaft as long as the diff lock is out?

miltruckman

Hi, I have some questions about installing a detroit locker in my deuce's axle.

How hard it is?

Any special tools needed?

Where would i find instructions?

Thanks,

Bill
Michigan

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may be a little bias but I've seen the quality of both the Detroit and Randy's (OEM) locker...and well you can guess which one I run in my mud truck and I plan to put in my deuce.