• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

locking a deuce cab

Unforgiven

I've thought an extra long deadbolt mounted flush with the cab would look pretty good. Not in the door mind you, but right behind the door. The extended bolt would go through some fabricated brackets that are either bolted or welded to the door. Gates often use flush mounted deadbolts.

It wouldn't keep the handle from turning. But it would sure keep the door from opening. And with proper painting it would be barely noticeable.

bones1

I would try to mount a set of door solenoids in the doors and use a wireless keyfob like the show rods do with shaved door handles. Should work fine.:cookoo:

rjeep

Thanks clinto. I did try searching, but did not find those threads. Can the moderator delete this thread, since the information is already out there? Thanks to those who responded so quickly.
Deuce 10x10,
I agree with what you are saying, as I have had the same problem in trying to locate information on this website. I notice that some people are quick to tell you that you're "doing it all wrong", instead of actually trying to help you. Being an admin and moderator myself on my Jeep club's website, I know it is very simple to delete threads or posts that have served their purpose and had no comments in quite some time. It has never slowed the site down to have several similar-subject posts going at the same time, so I can't comprehend why this is such an issue on this website...Please don't misunderstand me, I love this website, kudos to the creators of it, best dang military site there is...And that's my 2 cents...

goldneagle

goldneagle in slidell had put a set on his 5ton.. chrome ones but had a key.. seams like they were for a mail jeep. easy to paint them up.. hope he chims in:beer:
Yep Tim is right. I bought them on Ebay. They come in a set of 3. They are for the old SMALL postal jeep. There are other lockable handles available out there but I like the quality of the Postal Jeep ones.

Attachments

JDBUCKSAVAGE

My friend bought three locking universal L-Handles and gave me one for my deuce.They look, when painted dead on in comparison.They come chromed so we glass beat them then paint.National Hardware #V7641.....N280-636.Is a division of Stanley for garage doors mainly think he bought them at Home Depot
JD

Happyland1410

Just got a locking handle from SS member caliber1 and with just a little work with a file I can now lock my driver's door.

Here are a few pictures of how the flat notches were just a little bigger than the original handle.

Now I just need to paint it.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Caliber1 has these listed right now. He sent me 4 last week. It's a good feeling knowing your doors are locked in a public place.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/parts-sale/93029-fl-locking-deuce-door-handles.html

Just painted and installed a set of locking door handles I got off Caliber1, You have to grind off 1/8th off the length for a premo fit. They come from Caliber1 painted primer gray, so the rapco paint sticks quite well. I did the 109 last week, same thing install was easy sneezy..

Attachments

Last edited:

Marcel

I just received two for my M51A2 5-ton dump and they are made of good material. I must modify them as well but am taking another route. Rather than filing .025 off of each notched flat I removed the square stock from the handle (just press the knurled pin out) and will be milling .025 off each notched flat. If you do more than one at the time be sure to mark which piece of flat stock pairs up with which handle. Whoever drilled and reamed the pin holes did so without precision in mind and they are not standardized.

Attachments

Last edited:

caliber1

I just received two for my M51A2 5-ton dump and they are made of good material. I must modify them as well but am taking another route. Rather than filing .025 off of each notched flat I removed the square stock from the handle (just press the knurled pin out) and will be milling .025 off each notched flat. If you do more than one at the time be sure to mark which piece of flat stock pairs up with which handle. Whoever drilled and reamed the pin holes did so without precision in mind and they are not standardized.
So the flats are not deep enough? Need to buy a mill I reckon, always wanted one, now I can justify it to the Missus.:beer:

Awesome Possum

I gotta' say that the search function almost never seems to work for me, but I have my own answer: Put in steelsoldiers and the topic into Google. Yeah, Google. I've had much better luck with this, and so far the beaten horse hasn't come up once.

Attachments

I got mine from Caliber1 and I'm very happy with it. Before that I was just leaving one of the windshields unlatched and I would climb on the fender and use a suction cup to open the window. Then I would just reach in and pull the door handle up. Glad I don't have to do all of that now but you may want to try it while you are waiting to get your locking handles.

SMOKEWAGON66

Just a simple hardware store hasp and padlock works for me. I battle lock the passnger door, chain the wheel, and then padlock the door. Works pretty good, but I suppose if someone wants in bad enough they can just undo the soft top or cut it. I doubt anyone around here would take the whole truck though...not many of them around so..kinda conspicuous lol. I dont have anything worth stealing in the truck so Im not too worried about it, but I still lock it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks