• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking Differential

TehTDK

Just to put this out there, I know it is not really 100% on topic but the power divider in an over the road truck splits the torque equally between the two rear ends. When unlocked a power divider will put the power to the path of least resistance be it the front or the rear, when locked it will put the power to the front and rear equally. I have heard this more times than I can count and until I went to work rebuilding rear ends I thought the same thing.
So basically a power divider is just another fancy word for "diff locker". Since that description fits diff lockers as well. Or am I am completely off the board?

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd do 3 air lockers.
Did you price them? 3= $3,300.00 plus installation. I have been driving my bobbed truck with vietnam era hard core DT. locker in the rear for 5,000 miles with no popping, snapping, quiet as it can be. The new lockers you buy now are soft lockers totally quiet $475.00 ea.

Last edited:

162tcat

I was not aware of anyone manufacturing them for the 5 tons. $1,100 for a true air locker isn't horrible, who makes them and where can I get one?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks