• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

longest trip in a cucv

91W350

Salt Lake City to Boulder Colorado to Salina Kansas in two days in my M1009, a little over 1000 miles in a vehicle I had never seen until I arrived in Salt Lake City shortly after midnight, I drove it to Boulder on the same day I first heard it run.

We took the M1008 to Jefferson City Mo to pick up the first M1009. That was just over 1000 miles in one day, we left early and made it home before 2200.

Geocaching I had a couple of 1200 mile weekends in the M1008 before I bought the first M1009. Bud Boy and I had a great time!

We have made several weekend trips to the Lake of the Ozarks, about 750 miles around trip. I would be willing to take them about anywhere. Glen

Attachments

1984M1009

Have driven it about 150 miles so far is the furthest. The hills were painful between second and third gear at 45 mph hopefully a new injection pump will help.

On flat ground it is fine minus no A/C in phoenix in the summer

ODdave

m1028 from Lansing MI to Manachie Mississippi then turn and burn with the 1028 towbared behind a M35 home. No stops for sleep only fuel. 12 hours there and 18 home........ i dont think it will happen again....

camogriz

I drove from Moab, Ut to Denver, Co (375 miles) in my 1986 M1009 in six hours on a really hot day in mid-July. There were no problems and is was not too uncomfortable with the driver's window open. The Rocky Mountain section was interesting because it lost some power near the top at about 11,000 feet. The power returned when I drove down to lower elevations.