• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

look what happens when an electrician gets bored

plym49

The strut is out. I got a piece of Aluminum Angle, .5" thick with 2" flange. I have it panted and drilled ready to install. I just have to finish the harness for the lights on it and finish the install tomorrow if the weather holds out then pictures and final video of all the lights at night.
SS peer pressure at its best! :) :) :)

rickf

:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Just make sure that the stuff that is being used on the truck is not being paid for be a job order at work!!!! Would hate to see someone lose their job just to bling their truck. Actually I not only have seen it I was the one that had to fire the guy! Had nothing to do with military vehicles. I had personally warned him before that which I could have gotten into hot water for but he was a dang good worker. Fact of the matter is..............Stealing is stealing, no matter how you justify it.

Rick

212sparky

:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Just make sure that the stuff that is being used on the truck is not being paid for be a job order at work!!!! Would hate to see someone lose their job just to bling their truck. Actually I not only have seen it I was the one that had to fire the guy! Had nothing to do with military vehicles. I had personally warned him before that which I could have gotten into hot water for but he was a dang good worker. Fact of the matter is..............Stealing is stealing, no matter how you justify it.

Rick
Every thing that we have left over at the end of a job either goes in the dumpster or we get to scrap it. nothing goes back to the shop other than tools, so every thing is good to go that is on the truck.

I fired a guy 3 weeks ago that was over ordering 500 MCM copper cable. the first 2 pulls were over order by 10 feet per leg and just figured it was so he could dress the switch gear nicely but this last one was over by 25 feet per leg on 4 legs and 8 conduits that were paralleled. that was the straw that broke the camels back.

rickf

Bingo! You know exactly where I am coming from. That is a part of my job I am not crazy about and I will always give a second chance, no third time charm though. If you are too stupid to figure it out by then.............................
And do not even use me as a reference!
The guy I mentioned above did just that two weeks later!

212sparky

Bingo! You know exactly where I am coming from. That is a part of my job I am not crazy about and I will always give a second chance, no third time charm though. If you are too stupid to figure it out by then.............................
And do not even use me as a reference!
The guy I mentioned above did just that two weeks later!

On my crew, the day you are hired is your first warning, the next time i talk to them is the second and last chance. If a guy needs some parts for a side job I will usually work with them if they buy pizza for the crew or something like that. All of our scrap I take home and strip with my machine and at the end of the job every body gets a cut of the money. It usually keeps materials from being adopted. If they are dumb enough to use me as a reference after i fire them I give just let the employer know why he was let go.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good job Rob, all those lights would have been nice last fall at haspin when you had to drag me sideways out of that ditch.

Dave

:beer:

augiedoggy

Looks great sparky! you'll be taking daylight with you into the woods!
just wondering, is the light bar subject to tree branches ect.? You remember my mirror
tangling with a tree?! Where do you get the light fixtures? Oh and lookin' good in tan! :beer:

plym49

I have all of my lights installed now. I have 12, 35 watt fixtures as well as 2 strobe fixtures. I used 750 feet of 2 conductor 16 awg cable. I used 2" aluminum angle to mount my lights on in place of uni-strut.
You're killing us, Sparky! Wingnuts with no locking washers!? That was just a mock-up, right?

And 750 feet of wire - holy moly. What does that cost nowadays?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks