• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking at an 802A with 4000 hours

justacitizen

I am looking at an 802A with almost 4000 hours on it everything works and it produces power. any advice as what to look for? what would you pay for such a unit. it looks complete no dents and the rain flap is still there. just an average looking 802a

jamawieb

The higher hour 802a's are going between $550-$1000 at auction right now. If everything looks good and produces power, I would pay $1500.
Things to check are the well nut for the drain and check the water pump. If the well nut is bad, you'll see fuel sitting in the bottom near the fuel pump. To check the water pump, grab the fan and move it back and forth (towards the radiator and back towards the motor), If there is a lot of movement expect to replace the water pump soon.
I've got a customer who has logged 9130 hours so far since January 2017 on his 802a without a problem so 4000 is nothing.

Bmxenbrett

The real question is how close are you to a gov auction and how reliable do you want this set to be?

I know what i paid for sets a year ago directly from the auction site so i wouldnt pay over $750

justacitizen

Thanks. i should have mentioned that it isn't at GA it is a listing from a private seller and i am sure he purchased at auction. price is 700 dollars

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What people forget when buying a great refurbished generator vs an unknown.

Costs:
If the batteries are bad you are looking at 450 or more
Change all rubber fuel lines
Change all filters
Change all fluids
Update quad diodes and time delay or just do the time delay fuse mod
Replace missing parts

Other things lurking in the woods!
You could have engine damage from water or wet stacking
Engine runs great but the Stator is shot!
Injector issues
Water pumps
Fuel pumps
Alternator
other electrical issues

Cheap can mean expensive so I would put an eye on it before you buy it. I always factor in 1k of work and parts for everyone I buy to resell. I have bought many units from GL and and Craigslist and everyone or them required something to be done.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of course the list that Hard Head mentioned is a great reference tool... I just assumed in my 'yes' answer that many of those things woudl be looked at. I should really get out of the habit of assuming.

Guyfang

Staff member
Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks