• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a 6x6

jollyroger

They do sell nice trucks for sure.......But NONE of them are problem free. They are not new and do not have a warranty. I have a 2009 Dodge pickup with 30,000 miles and it has not been problem free. My MV's have been fairly trouble free but I have had some small problems. Now granted NONE of my trucks are like that one.

If you want a turn key truck you are going to pay more than if you get one that needs some maintenace but that 5 ton, while nice, is more than I would pay for a truck. I am not saying that it is not worth the money cause it is. These trucks are typically undervalued for what they are. What I am saying is that I can buy good trucks for much less. So therefore I would buy a different truck. You can do what you want.

prattcobra

I'm looking to get the best value for the money.

Need a heater too.. they should go good in the snow.. lol

Then I would need a trailer. How are they off road?

jollyroger

That's what they are desinged to do well. M-105 trailers do well behind the deuce off road.

Get a hard cab truck with the hot water from the engine personel heater. The arctic ,fuel powered, heaters are awesome but.......You can also get the newer vinyl "soft" top for the cab that is insulated if you can't find a hard top. I just bought one for $125. I got a hard top this summer for $400.

flyxpl

they say they go through the trucks and they are problem free
My A2 has been gone through , new fluids ,filters , brakes , no leaks , runs good . I have no problems with it .Looks good and runs good . I drive it three times a week . Its is the truck in my Avatar . It is a good solid truck . I would sell it for $4500 with the same warranty you would get from Oshkosh . NONE .
I have two A2's and one A3 . If I could only have one it would be an A2 . I like the looks of the A2 , and the extra gear . Thier are trucks in private hands that have been gone through and are problem free and are priced reasonable . A bobbed A3 with 46 tires would be a smooth ride with a reasonable cruising speed even with 4 gears .

bc35339

I have a turbo winch truck with heat and new cargo cover for sale . I also have a 105 trailer in great cond with new cargo cover and new tires that Id sale .
If your interest in coming to louisville ky and driving this home email me and Ill send you pictures.
I have the truck for sale for $3,900 Ill sale you truck and trailer for $4,300
If your interested email me
bryanmcook@windstream.net

T

televisionman007

I have not been too close to the M35A3's but here is what I have heard.

As GR said the CTIS system is a PIA. You end up spending more time waiting for your tires to reinflate than you do going somewhere unless the trip is a long one. Also this promotes flat spots in the Steel Belted radials that take time to drive out. The tires always seem square in other words. But if you want to inflate/deflate from the cab and don't mind troubleshooting the system when it does not work have at it.

The A3 seems to be a 50 MPH truck. Period. The auto is nice. The power steering is nice. Two bucket type seats. Cat 3116. Good motor as long as you don't have problems with it. Expensive to fix. The A3 is a rebuilt/repowerd A2.
In my mind they have a goofy rake to the hood to accomodate the 3116.

The A2's are old. They have manual steering. They have a manual 5 speed with overdrive. Those two things work so long as you have hands. 55MPH is doable stock and with my 395/80/R20 michelins I can run 65 mph. They have in most cases have a multifuel turbo diesel engine. Can run on gasoline , diesel, cooking oil, waste motor oil etc. They look cooler and have a bench seat next to the drivers seat so your lady can sit close like in the old trucks. I just prefer them. Oh and they are less expensive all the way around. I'm just sayin'.

In the end it comes down to what you prefer and how much you want to spend.
I totally agree with jolly roger said :driver:

Stan Leschert

JollyRoger had some great tips. We had the MLVW up here, which was basically an M35A2.5

What I found, was that even the least trained private could usally outshift that Allison.
If you can't use a clutch... well get the A3.They do have some nice features, BUT....

The CTIS is just one more thing that WILL finish breaking. The 5 ton is way cool, but you need the CDL to drive it, and be prepared for a big insurance hit. I hope that you have a place to park it! It is a way superior vehicle, but check your Visa card first, and often!

Options that I would desire on an M35A2 would be , cab and troop heaters. Winch. Power steering, either Air-O-Matic or a complete Ross refit. A seperate 12 V system (pref battery equalizer, or 2nd choice HMMV 12/24V alternator. Air Ride Seats are an absolute must, a pair of them can be had from the boneyard for less than $200.oo

Aside from that, your money, your choice.

jollyroger

JollyRoger had some great tips. We had the MLVW up here, which was basically an M35A2.5

What I found, was that even the least trained private could usally outshift that Allison.
If you can't use a clutch... well get the A3.They do have some nice features, BUT....

The CTIS is just one more thing that WILL finish breaking. The 5 ton is way cool, but you need the CDL to drive it, and be prepared for a big insurance hit. I hope that you have a place to park it! It is a way superior vehicle, but check your Visa card first, and often!

Options that I would desire on an M35A2 would be , cab and troop heaters. Winch. Power steering, either Air-O-Matic or a complete Ross refit. A seperate 12 V system (pref battery equalizer, or 2nd choice HMMV 12/24V alternator. Air Ride Seats are an absolute must, a pair of them can be had from the boneyard for less than $200.oo

Aside from that, your money, your choice.
Those are the right accessories.

I don't think I would add much other than to say you can add insulation to the hard cab. Like Dynamat or something like it. You can also fill up the iside of the doors with spray foam and dynamt the back of the cab. But for me if I want to have all the modern convininece I drive my Dodge pickup. Part of the fun for me is getting bundled up and letting the truck warm up for a half hour before I go trolling the borrow pits for people that get stuck in the blizzards. I'm just sayin'.