• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for info on the fill pipe for the master cylinder

PaFarmer

I am planning to put a remote reservoir on my brake system If I can’t find a fill pipe. I rigged up the same on my M35A2. My M211 does not have a fill pipe on the master cylinder. The cap for the master has 1.25” threads and no shoulder, so it can be run in too far and drops into the master cylinder. I had a spare master cylinder cap for an M35A2 so I used it, but I would like to install the fill pipe or use a 1.25” threaded pipe as the extension, but need the correct thread pitch. Any pics of an original, leads on an original or know the proper thread pitch?

PaFarmer

JUst make one
As I said in the first post, I put a remove reservoir on my M35A2, that wasn’t the question. USMC 00-08 posted the pic I asked for. Id like an extension, if I can get one. If not I have the reservoir bottle and hose ready to go.

USMC 00-08

I got the pieces broke loose with a little help holding it. They've been together a while.

20201001_145424.jpg

I think they will clean up fine if you have a way to bead blast it or can wire wheel it inside and out. Let me know if you want to mess with this..

20201001_153704.jpg20201001_153657.jpg20201001_153707.jpg20201001_153716.jpg20201001_153722.jpg

lucydeuce

That's cool. I've never seen that extension filler pipe before. Does it put the cap right at the floor pan, or just under the hatch?
Yes mine is that way puts it about a quarter inch below the hatch in floor took me forever to figure out where to put brake fluid when i got the truck home all i could see was the banjo bolt and brake hose. made my wife work brake pedal and i followed the linkage to the master cylinder

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks