• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for picture of the data/warning plates

spankybear

I want to try and make new data/warning plates as my are faded. The plates I am would like pictures of are the ones on the outside of the truck... The ones on the front fenders, tool box, cargo bed and what others on the outside I missed. The -10 TM in section 2-42 has then one I am talking about... and I tried to use those in the TM but I could make them work with the little skills I have... Thanks in advance!

coachgeo

I want to try and make new data/warning plates as my are faded. The plates I am would like pictures of are the ones on the outside of the truck... The ones on the front fenders, tool box, cargo bed and what others on the outside I missed. The -10 TM in section 2-42 has then one I am talking about... and I tried to use those in the TM but I could make them work with the little skills I have... Thanks in advance!
try Govt. planet. Sometimes I go thru the pics of ones for sale or sold ones to find a pic that will serve my purpose of the day. hope it helps

spankybear

try Govt. planet. Sometimes I go thru the pics of ones for sale or sold ones to find a pic that will serve my purpose of the day. hope it helps
One thing GovPlanet doesn't hire is anyone who knows how to take a good picture... I have looked at thousands of pics there and haven't found what I want. I know there are people here who have non faded plates on their trucks.... and most of the pictures I have seen here are way better.

When I bought my truck way back when people thought there was a huge hole in the trans... one of the reasons I believe I got it so cheap... thought I had a few sleepless nights after I won it and before I saw it in person,

spankybear

No one? Anybody in the Western Washington that has readable plates that I can take pictures?

spankybear

Mine are probably just as bad as yours. Maybe take pictures of the ones you want to get more responses? I might be down for a set as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well the ones I have are unreadable and faded. Here is what I am looking for. Clips from the TM to show. The TM isn't working for what I want to try and that's why I am asking for pictures. If I make this work I could send the files or make some up for a nominal fee... Not looking to get rich just want nice looking data plates.

Attachments

spankybear

Going a little crazy... and learning how to do this stuff... so I can promptly forget...

All my military vehicles have a bear... Use to be a Grizzly but everyone said OH California National Guard? Now a polar bear for this one...

When I first got the tuck there windshield has "SGT GROOT" so...

Attachments

spankybear

Misspelt words™ are kind of my trademark. But thanks for pointing that out. There is no spell checker in the software I am using. And trying to type with this sausages is not easy... Give a whole another meaning to fat fingered.

spankybear

With the use of Mullaney Spell Check this is how it now looks.... There are two of these on the truck. I am half tempted to have one missed spelled just to see is anyone notices.

spelling.JPG

spankybear

I had a M1084, same thing with the faded data plates. I did however take pictures of data plates from other SS trucks that I found. If you want I can look for those pictures and post them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes anything will help. The more I see the better I can make them. Well we will not count spelling.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes anything will help. The more I see the better I can make them. Well we will not count spelling.
@spankybear , spelling has everything to do with what I do for a living. We print ink on paper (and other stuff). It has always amazed me how Customers will proofread and approve a PROOF of their job - using their typed and spell checked document - and still miss words spelled incorrectly. Make plates, load plates on the press, then pull the first sheet and as I am scanning the page I spot a mistake. There just aren't enough eyes to see them all...

We try, but we miss them sometimes too.

spankybear

@spankybear , spelling has everything to do with what I do for a living. We print ink on paper (and other stuff). It has always amazed me how Customers will proofread and approve a PROOF of their job - using their typed and spell checked document - and still miss words spelled incorrectly. Make plates, load plates on the press, then pull the first sheet and as I am scanning the page I spot a mistake. There just aren't enough eyes to see them all...

We try, but we miss them sometimes too.
And with spell checker you have the WRONG word but correctly spelled... I have such a hard time with just one language... I am in awe of people who can read, write and speak many languages. Then add typing... for what ever reason I always put an "h" in were or cross "how" and "why". My brain ain't right...