• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for picture of the data/warning plates

spankybear

I want to try and make new data/warning plates as my are faded. The plates I am would like pictures of are the ones on the outside of the truck... The ones on the front fenders, tool box, cargo bed and what others on the outside I missed. The -10 TM in section 2-42 has then one I am talking about... and I tried to use those in the TM but I could make them work with the little skills I have... Thanks in advance!

coachgeo

I want to try and make new data/warning plates as my are faded. The plates I am would like pictures of are the ones on the outside of the truck... The ones on the front fenders, tool box, cargo bed and what others on the outside I missed. The -10 TM in section 2-42 has then one I am talking about... and I tried to use those in the TM but I could make them work with the little skills I have... Thanks in advance!
try Govt. planet. Sometimes I go thru the pics of ones for sale or sold ones to find a pic that will serve my purpose of the day. hope it helps

spankybear

try Govt. planet. Sometimes I go thru the pics of ones for sale or sold ones to find a pic that will serve my purpose of the day. hope it helps
One thing GovPlanet doesn't hire is anyone who knows how to take a good picture... I have looked at thousands of pics there and haven't found what I want. I know there are people here who have non faded plates on their trucks.... and most of the pictures I have seen here are way better.

When I bought my truck way back when people thought there was a huge hole in the trans... one of the reasons I believe I got it so cheap... thought I had a few sleepless nights after I won it and before I saw it in person,

spankybear

No one? Anybody in the Western Washington that has readable plates that I can take pictures?

spankybear

Mine are probably just as bad as yours. Maybe take pictures of the ones you want to get more responses? I might be down for a set as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well the ones I have are unreadable and faded. Here is what I am looking for. Clips from the TM to show. The TM isn't working for what I want to try and that's why I am asking for pictures. If I make this work I could send the files or make some up for a nominal fee... Not looking to get rich just want nice looking data plates.

Attachments

spankybear

Going a little crazy... and learning how to do this stuff... so I can promptly forget...

All my military vehicles have a bear... Use to be a Grizzly but everyone said OH California National Guard? Now a polar bear for this one...

When I first got the tuck there windshield has "SGT GROOT" so...

Attachments

spankybear

Misspelt words™ are kind of my trademark. But thanks for pointing that out. There is no spell checker in the software I am using. And trying to type with this sausages is not easy... Give a whole another meaning to fat fingered.

spankybear

With the use of Mullaney Spell Check this is how it now looks.... There are two of these on the truck. I am half tempted to have one missed spelled just to see is anyone notices.

spelling.JPG

spankybear

I had a M1084, same thing with the faded data plates. I did however take pictures of data plates from other SS trucks that I found. If you want I can look for those pictures and post them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes anything will help. The more I see the better I can make them. Well we will not count spelling.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes anything will help. The more I see the better I can make them. Well we will not count spelling.
@spankybear , spelling has everything to do with what I do for a living. We print ink on paper (and other stuff). It has always amazed me how Customers will proofread and approve a PROOF of their job - using their typed and spell checked document - and still miss words spelled incorrectly. Make plates, load plates on the press, then pull the first sheet and as I am scanning the page I spot a mistake. There just aren't enough eyes to see them all...

We try, but we miss them sometimes too.

spankybear

@spankybear , spelling has everything to do with what I do for a living. We print ink on paper (and other stuff). It has always amazed me how Customers will proofread and approve a PROOF of their job - using their typed and spell checked document - and still miss words spelled incorrectly. Make plates, load plates on the press, then pull the first sheet and as I am scanning the page I spot a mistake. There just aren't enough eyes to see them all...

We try, but we miss them sometimes too.
And with spell checker you have the WRONG word but correctly spelled... I have such a hard time with just one language... I am in awe of people who can read, write and speak many languages. Then add typing... for what ever reason I always put an "h" in were or cross "how" and "why". My brain ain't right...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks