• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for recommendations on Injection Pump rebuild in the Ft. Worth area

Jack Lope

I've made many changes to timing, tiny adjustments and the truck does not like to turn off. It eventually just sputters out.

cucvrus

Hate to say it but you need to contact Diesel care and ask them. It may be the shut off on the cover that is sticking. I have Mr Rusty back at the house and he done it several times. I can not duplicate it but I have seen it idling with the wire disconnected from the injection pump. I use a punch and just tap it and it shuts off. So I suspect you may have a sticky shutoff solenoid in the top cover. bwilliams@dieselcare.net Contact this email address.

Jack Lope

How does it turn off? I mean, is it an electrical signal that turns off the injection pump? Is it vacuum? It seems it is getting worse. Pulling the pink wire off the pump doesn't cause it to turn off either. I sent an email to Diesel Care last week but haven't heard from them yet. There are two vacuum lines that goes to the plastic transmission module that bolts to the side of the pump, but am I missing something else?

Last edited:

Jack Lope

Its an electrical signal, carried by the pink wire to the IP solenoid under the pump cover. Yours sounds like its sticking or defective.
Thanks. I'm struggling to not be so extremely ticked off about this. It seems to me Diesel Care did no testing before sending the pump out. I was hoping it was just a vacuum leak I could fix, but apparently not. I'm still hoping to not have to re-do the entire thing.

cucvrus

It is just 3 10/24 screws on top of the injection pump. It is not something you can point blame. Murphy's law. All things will fail. Easy fix. Contact Billy Williams and he will take care of it for you. It may have worked at the time they tested it. The next time after that also. I am sure they did not intentionally send out a bad pump. I have some trouble with any thing that is rebuilt from time to time but 99% of the time just as good as new. Remember anything man made is doomed to fail and you will be alright. i had my share of good things in my life so I don't look at everything that fails as a failure. Human error is inevitable. Good Luck and I am sure everything will work out for you. $1000. - $2000. injector pumps fail also. I have seen them many times. Brand new ones on quite a few on brand new name brand vehicles.

Chaski

20160225_210550.jpg

Stanadyne part number 26214 is the 12V replacement solenoid. The picture shows the correct way to put the lid back on. It is an easy job to swap it out, just be deliberate when installing the lid. It is critical that you don't stuff the shutoff solenoid arm behind the metering valve. Just be sure to hold the throttle at idle like shown in the diagram and you will never have any problems swapping pump tops.

Last edited:

Jack Lope

I spoke to someone at the company who said run transmission fluid through it or take it all back apart and send it back to them. We'll see how transmission fluid does. Maybe it just need broke in. If I attempt to fix the pump myself by removing screws, it would probably void the warranty.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Ask them for a replacement cover. If all else works well I would opt to change the cover. They will not void the warranty if you tell them the issue and they send a cover. Like I said it is a minor issue. 3 screws and a cover change at the most. I have Mr Rusty back in my camp because it would not shut off. I removed the wire and it kept running. I tapped on the cover and it shut off. I tried to duplicate the same thing once it came to my shop. No deal. It shuts off normal. ???? Was a piece of dirt in the valve/switch? The world may never know. Should I remove the cover? It runs perfect and after 25 start and stop cycles it has not failed again. I am left to ponder. I think I am going to remove the cover take a look see and clean it and put it back on. Call it a day and return the truck to the owner. I don't want to just replace parts and say there I fixed it. Not sure what the answer is in your case. But I am just making the point that the issue is at times hard to detect and diagnose if it don't do it while I have it or during the test procedure at rebuild time. I am sure they test it once for a brief second it works on they go with the rebuild process. I do not see where ATF is going to resolve the issue. But try it. I know people that think that is the cure all but I am out in the field on that one. GoodLuck. I would have had Billy Williams involved. he is a good fair man and I spoke to him on several occasions. And if you did contact him great. Keep running it and make sure you have a clean filter and good lift pump. Not related to the shut down isue but good to have when you have a new injection pump. Not to mention the tank sock is clean.

Jack Lope

I'm waiting for a call back from Diesel Care. I spoke to "Hope" who is having a manager call me. She said is is not likely I'll get Billy Williams on the phone. I'm finding these people to be a little standoffish. I'm asking about replacement cover. I guess the cover contains the shut-off solenoid? Here is a video to see what's happening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12U0ZWLgIlk&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

cucvrus

I must be special. I spoke with him several times. Did you email him? Probably better to discuss the issues with him and not in an open forum that can not resolve the issues. I know that it would get handled quicker that way. Do they have a customer service department? Nobody here is going to be able to help.

reaper556

I must be special. I spoke with him several times. Did you email him? Probably better to discuss the issues with him and not in an open forum that can not resolve the issues. I know that it would get handled quicker that way. Do they have a customer service department? Nobody here is going to be able to help.
Sounds like he's trying to get it handled but is getting jerked off and around instead. His posting in an "open forum" of his experience guarantees I will steer clear of them

cucvrus

No problem. I was just trying to help out. Again I should have known better. I will zip it going forward. I still have an empty seat in Terminus M1009 at Rausch Creek if anyone wants to wheel.