• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for recommendations on Injection Pump rebuild in the Ft. Worth area

Jack Lope

Well, I had been waiting to update this thread until I could get a new shut off solenoid installed. Diesel Care sent me a new one. Unfortunately, I've not had the time. But, there is NEW INFORMATION! Started the truck yesterday after about a week and it was hard to start with lots of cranking then what sounded like metal parts grinding, the truck finally started, grinding stopped. Smelled raw diesel, opened the hood and fuel is spraying like a fountain all over the place! I managed to move the truck out of the drive way so I'm not blocked in and parked in the street. Just now I started the truck (after lots of cranking again, no noticeable grinding), and still fuel dumping everywhere from the injection pump area. Pulled the truck to the back yard to get it out of the road and when I turned it off, it started grinding again. Finally it turned off. I wish I could just have my original pump back. I was better off with the pump I had, before the replacement. I will make a video of it and find out where the leak is coming from. At least it helps me get lots of youtube views.

Last edited:

Jozseph

Well, I had been waiting to update this thread until I could get a new shut off solenoid installed. Diesel Care sent me a new one. Unfortunately, I've not had the time. But, there is NEW INFORMATION! Started the truck yesterday after about a week and it was hard to start. Lots of cranking, then grinding, then the truck finally started. Smelled raw diesel. Opened the hood and fuel is dumping all over the place! I managed to move the truck out of the drive way so I'm not blocked in and parked in the street. Just now started the truck (after lots of cranking again), and still fuel dumping everywhere, spewing from the injection pump area. Pulled the truck to the back yard to get it out of the road and when I turned it off, it started grinding again! Finally it turned off. I wish I could just have my original pump back. I was better off before sending the pump away. Also, why does this forum combine all text into one paragraph?
Jack,

Would it be fair to say you would not recommend "Diesel Care" or use them again?

Joseph

Jack Lope

On what basis would I recommend them? I'll save any company bashing until I see what happens with warranty. I'm still hoping for them to make it right.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I am sure there is more to this story then is being told. I NEVER seen one that leaked externally the shut off didn't work and the hard starting problem. Heck they must have just bagged up all the junk in the shop and sent it your way. I just put one on a friends truck 2 weeks ago and he is off and running. Total cost was less then $350. with $275 for the pump to and from Diesel care and the rest in gaskets , lift pump and a fuel filter. I put it on for a trade on some parts I wanted for my Cadillac. He just said he is getting 22 MPG and has better shift and less smoke from the exhaust. Score one for Diesel Care. And Jack Lope Sorry I tried to help you out. Lesson learned. Up her in PA we don't just sit back and enjoy the bad mouthing and have no part in it. Once again sorry for trying to help. Do as you wish. Going forward I will learn from my efforts. Really leaked all over??????

Jack Lope

I don't even know where the fuel spray is coming from or what caused the grinding. All I know is it started at the same time and it's coming from injection pump area, but I have to remove the manifold to see better. Even though all fuel lines are new, maybe one broke? It is a high pressure spray and it's flowing a lot. I also do not think I'm bad mouthing anyone. I'm speaking of my experiences with an injection pump on a CUCV.

Last edited:

cucvrus

The suspence is really killing me on this injection pump. I have to wonder what happened and why the resolve was never posted. Just an interest I have. I feel like I made the recommendation and still do make the same recommendation to others. Never have any of my other clients had any issues like this. Never. So just curious what is the fix or what fixed it?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks