• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for specifications axis M101 A3 3/4

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wheel bearings are common civilian parts and they should be available to you over there also at an auto parts store. Do they still have the numbers that can be read? If so they should be able to cross reference.
If not. Let met know and I will post.

The other 2 items are military specific unfortunately. Cables do show up on ebay. If vendor will not ship, I would be glad to help.

Jeepadict

The cables for these trailers are like hen's teeth! I got lucky to find an axle assembly a guy was discarding from an overland conversion build.

The handles were difficult as well until a couple months ago a SS member found a manufacturer for the more recent version, I recall the price being reasonable. (new-new, not NOS)

If your cable is in ill repair, perhaps a local crane/rigging shop might be able to replace the cable within the sheathing? It's probably a long shot.

The hub/brake assembly is made by a company named Dexter. The full assembly can be ordered directly from them or any US trailer parts website like Croft or eTrailer, tho the backing plate will be slightly different as the military was the only ones to use a parking brake with this set-up. This type unit is most commonly found on boat trailers.

If you need parts for the tongue surge brake assembly, contact Mendenhall Industries directly and they will help you get what you need.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
The handles were difficult as well until a couple months ago a SS member found a manufacturer for the more recent version, I recall the price being reasonable. (new-new, not NOS) Thats who found the cables. I think. I forget who it was. I helped him find the handles.

The cables for these trailers are like hen's teeth! I got lucky to find an axle assembly a guy was discarding from an overland conversion build.

The handles were difficult as well until a couple months ago a SS member found a manufacturer for the more recent version, I recall the price being reasonable. (new-new, not NOS)

If your cable is in ill repair, perhaps a local crane/rigging shop might be able to replace the cable within the sheathing? It's probably a long shot.

The hub/brake assembly is made by a company named Dexter. The full assembly can be ordered directly from them or any US trailer parts website like Croft or eTrailer, tho the backing plate will be slightly different as the military was the only ones to use a parking brake with this set-up. This type unit is most commonly found on boat trailers.

If you need parts for the tongue surge brake assembly, contact Mendenhall Industries directly and they will help you get what you need.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
thanks a lot, i will check it

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, open up the TM. Go to page 87-2, (PDF page # 418) And you see a picture of the cable. Figure 6, Item #1.

Go to page 87-3, (PDF page # 419) You see THREE cables listed. To know what cable fits your trailer, you kneed to know what UOC, (Useable On Code) the M101A3 has.

Go to page 0081-6, (PDF page # 392) There is a list. The M101A3 has a UOC of TC1. That is your UOC, for your trailer.

Go to page 87-3, (PDF page # 419) The top cable shows:
2530-01-429-8346 92867 15641501 CABLE AND CONDUIT A 74 INCHES LONG
UOC: CT1,TC1 .............................................

This is the cable you want.
2530-01-429-8346 is the NSN, (national Stock number).
15641501 is the part number.
92867 is the supplier of the part to the military.

The rubber bumper is in Figure 18. So, this is a test. You look it up, and post here what you find, so we can see if you understand how to find parts.

If you get this right, then finding the bearing should go easy.

Guyfang

Staff member
Perfect Ronald! Now you got this down pat!! I seem to remember that the TIMKEN company supplied this part to us, and strangly enough, for this NSN, I wrote down in my notes the part #: 25580-25520.

Guyfang

Staff member
Thats the TIMKIN part number for the bearing you made the red arrow point at. I just looked in German ebay, for timken 25580-25520, and it came up. Might be cheaper for you to look there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks