• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for V100 chassis pics

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the intercom cables run along under the roof line and are rather loosely draped. They are held up by loops that bolt to threaded posts welded to the hull.

The single cable going forward runs along the right side, from the main intercom control box (AM-1780) above the radios to the right front "shotgun" control box.
On some V100s, this cable runs under the roof line, however many (including mine) route the cable down under the side seat and up the corner of the forward wheel well/hull line to the control box.

Another cable runs from the passenger box across the front of the roof beam to the driver's side box.

A cable runs back under the roof from the AM-1780 to the rear position. That intercom box can either be on the rear hull wall (as in mine) or on the back of the wheel well. The coaxial cable from the right rear antenna also runs along with this intercom cable.

The power cable for the radio system comes out of the top of the engine bay wall and goes across the roof and straight down the wall to brackets welded to the hull wall, behind the radios.

There is a square speaker mounted to the hull wall to the left of the AM-1780, another on the hull wall by the driver and passenger.

Captions on pictures explain what they are. A couple were taken in a different V100.

Cheers

Radio area (not my V100).jpg radio area.JPG Passenger side.jpg cable from passenger side.jpg drivers side.jpg rear position - 1.jpg Rear position.jpg Rear position - 2.jpg V100 m706 int.jpg Speakers LS-454-U.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I neglected to mention this - the top hatches are spring loaded to assist in opening/closing them, mostly closing.
In the open position, the hatches are held in place by a heavy clip that keeps them from moving/bouncing.
Each of these has a mechanism for releasing the catch from inside the hull, so they can be closed when coming under enemy fire without having to reach outside. You grab the knob and pull down firmly. Once released the hatch will swing over to the closed position. You do NOT want your fingers or any other body part in the way when that happens!

Cheers

drivers side hatch release knob.jpg

Paweł

Hello Rory!
Thanks a lot for the interesting info! Now I've hot the commo wiring sorted out, I'm working on rendering that in scale. I've seen that mysterious knob on some photos before, but I kinda forgot about it. After what you wrote me in your last post I have to have them on my model! Thanks again and have a nice day!
Paweł