• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Losing fuel prime many things done already, still won't run unless bled

cucvrus

What would be wrong with good used 6.2 CUCV lines? I mean if they are not rusted and torqued when applied they should work just fine. These should be out there readily available. I will throw my hat in the ring to sell you a used set. Or you can go this route. Used would be 1/2 the price and when running and not leaking you will never see the new ones as a bargain. Over torqueing could have been the root cause of all these leak issues. Good Luck.

drewzee87t

Hi CUCVRUS,

I already picked up a decent set of used lines. I think they will be fine. As promised here are comparison pics of the old lines v the new lines. I didn't know any better when installing them. They were pretty much as they appear now when I put them on. I am sure that my brute force attempt to make them stop leaking has made it worse, especially since they weren't leaking to begin with. At this point some of the collar/nuts can't even be pushed back as the flare is so squashed as to prevent the nut from sliding back on the tube.

I also had a scare when I was packing the pump to return it to DCP, the thrust button and spring were gone.... ! Luckily I found it had fallen out on the floor and not inside the timing cover :)

Old lines:
old line1.jpgold line2.jpg

New lines:
new line.jpg

Third time a charm....I could use a favor if you have some lying around or know a source - I buggered up a couple of the line insulator clamps that bolt on the intake when I was taking it apart. I can't seem to locate these anywhere.

Thanks again
Drew

cucvrus

I have a few of them. And the new supply line clamp that holds the 2 hoses. Do you have all the studs, nut and bolts you need? I have a lot of hardware. Enough for a couple lifetimes.

drewzee87t

I don't like to see long threads about repairs go un-resolved.

I received my pump rebuilt again and everything was fine. Truck is running great, starting great, and is all nice and legal again. I have learned a lot about the db2 stanadyne injection pump. I have a perfect running 1028 at just the right time. Thanks CUCVRUS and all the rest.

Stay awake. 5:5

thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks