• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Losing fuel prime many things done already, still won't run unless bled

cucvrus

What would be wrong with good used 6.2 CUCV lines? I mean if they are not rusted and torqued when applied they should work just fine. These should be out there readily available. I will throw my hat in the ring to sell you a used set. Or you can go this route. Used would be 1/2 the price and when running and not leaking you will never see the new ones as a bargain. Over torqueing could have been the root cause of all these leak issues. Good Luck.

drewzee87t

Hi CUCVRUS,

I already picked up a decent set of used lines. I think they will be fine. As promised here are comparison pics of the old lines v the new lines. I didn't know any better when installing them. They were pretty much as they appear now when I put them on. I am sure that my brute force attempt to make them stop leaking has made it worse, especially since they weren't leaking to begin with. At this point some of the collar/nuts can't even be pushed back as the flare is so squashed as to prevent the nut from sliding back on the tube.

I also had a scare when I was packing the pump to return it to DCP, the thrust button and spring were gone.... ! Luckily I found it had fallen out on the floor and not inside the timing cover :)

Old lines:
old line1.jpgold line2.jpg

New lines:
new line.jpg

Third time a charm....I could use a favor if you have some lying around or know a source - I buggered up a couple of the line insulator clamps that bolt on the intake when I was taking it apart. I can't seem to locate these anywhere.

Thanks again
Drew

cucvrus

I have a few of them. And the new supply line clamp that holds the 2 hoses. Do you have all the studs, nut and bolts you need? I have a lot of hardware. Enough for a couple lifetimes.

drewzee87t

I don't like to see long threads about repairs go un-resolved.

I received my pump rebuilt again and everything was fine. Truck is running great, starting great, and is all nice and legal again. I have learned a lot about the db2 stanadyne injection pump. I have a perfect running 1028 at just the right time. Thanks CUCVRUS and all the rest.

Stay awake. 5:5

thanks