• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loss of enginpower not gaining speed

burbn10

I have drained the water seperator for about 3mins drained i think a good galon but it gave not the result. (but i knop now that the low pressure fuel pump works) engine still stalls at idle. will try to get a fuel filter after the weekend hope this will help. will also check the governor of the transmission if it runs freely. And i was wondering if there is a easy way to check the working of the facuum pump and valve of the transmision?

The chevy is a nice car to drive and this are after 5 years my first real problems, beside a faulty generator and batteries.
You can get a vacuum gauge and hook it directly to the pump. It should read 20 inches of vacuum at idle. Shut down the engine and it should hold that for at least 15 seconds. Next hook the gauge up down by the modulator to see you hold vacuum down there. This just checks for vacuum leaks. But if the torque converter is working, there is nothing the transmission can do to stall the motor. The vacuum lines on the IP just control the upshift/downshift timing of the transmission. Even without it, the trans will still operate, but with governor control only like my truck does. 99% sure this isn't your problem.

MrJJ

Hi There , time for a update.
I have removed the tank cleaned it, removed the outside rust painted it with hammerrite, cleaned/repaired the tank filter who was fallen apart endfilter was lose and the valve was stuck with diesel flakes , replaced the fine fuelfilter. in the mean time replaced the rear U-Bolts who where halve of what they were, replaced a front brake disc repaired the callipers, killed my main brake cilinder during bleeding, BUT the encine problem still is there . the engine will not idel in P or N you have to push the pedal , some times when you push the trothel it wil increase rpm's , when go in D it will move but no speed, when hit the brake the engine stops. yesterday i made a test drive a round the vilage first it drove a littel than i stopped the car for a short period, fired it up again.
But the m1008 wouldend go Forward or revers, after many try's i switched in to 4weel L and made it home with a Max speed of 3mls a houer .
I have tried a lot but dont know where to look now....:(

MrJJ

After a phone brainstorming chat a bout the problems with Willem (us carparts) he had a idee and now: PROBLEM SOLVED :-D.... the whole problem of the bad running engine was the retun valve on the fuelpump. That ... littel basterd was cloged.
In the return nippel on the pump lid there is a smal glass valve inside that was sticked in brown dirt, so it did not return un used fuel so the pump had to much pressure. I want to thanks all of you with the brainstorming and hope some one else can do his bennefits with my problem.