• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lower King Pin Bearing Cap Stuck???

Zero_cool

Ive used sockets on the turbine deck that was driven by an air impact so big that it was moved into place with the ceiling crane and took 3 guys to run it. Now that is a purty big socket.:mrgreen:

bushhawg73

My knuckles looked like your did when I did my king pins a month ago. I used a wire wheel on a grinder and they came out pretty good, primed painted and now it looks almost new. I had the same problem with the lower dust cap and race. I used a really big punch and a big hammer and it made small work of the race. The hardest part was the king pins, I used a 3/4 drive breaker bar with a piece of hex stock in a socket to break them loose. It sounded like a 22 shot when they broke free. My truck handles a lot better now in my opinion.

I have included a very important picture, it is number 2 and it is the correct order and orientation of the seals. I would have been lost without it.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks