• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lower radiator hose

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. Upper Radiator Hose, Diameter - 2", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - NAPA 24032.
2. Lower Radiator Hose, Diameter - 2", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - NAPA 20611 Gates 7759 or 7372?
3. Hose from Waterpump to Oil Cooler Pipe, Diameter - 2", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - N/A (straight single diameter hose).
4. Hose from Oil Cooler Pipe to Oil Cooler, Diameter - 2", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - N/A
5. Hose from Water pump to Thermostat Housing, Diameter - 2", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - N/A
6. Rear Hose for Water Manifold, Diameter 1.75", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - N/A.
7. Front hose for Water Manifold, Diameter - 1.75", Length - unknown, Cross Ref - N/A.
It was already listed. Most of them are all 2" diameter. If you had a piece that was 5 inches long, that should be enough for most of them I think.

Last edited:

jatonka

Stretch44875 hit the nail on the head, there is no Napa hose that correctly interchanges with the factory hose. Buy ower radiator hoses made for the Deuce.

18operator

Yes, he was right. I did have to do some trimming, pushing and pulling. But it did fit with no contacts anywhere on the hose. You have to use what is available when the current hose starts to puke out on the road. I hate smelling hot coolant while driving!:(

rustystud

Stretch44875 hit the nail on the head, there is no Napa hose that correctly interchanges with the factory hose. Buy ower radiator hoses made for the Deuce.
Totally agree. I tried to use the NAPA hose. It never would fit safely, always something hitting or trying to rub through it. Finally just bite the bullet and bought the correct hose.

jatonka

New lower radiator hoses are made all the while, see Adirondack Dodge Parts on web or MV Magazine, also other suppliers such as Erik's, Eastern Surplus, Memphis, White Owl, and many others. They are after market and fit correctly. JT out

Larry Weibert

Look at all these new posts on old threads! Mine included!
Not sure if you have all you need.
I found my old post that had to do with the radiator hose.

i pasted and copied it if it helps. Rustys the man.

M 35 flush. I just wanted to say thanks for the prior posts and info. ill add what i experianced if it helps anyone. I blew my lower hose so decided to do a flush at the same time. I took the advice of not using the NAPA hose and using one from a surplus supplier. I used one from Big Mikes. its shape was the same the lower leg appeared a tad longer. After test fitting I trimmed 1/2 inch off the lower leg to the rad so the back side didn't rub on the bracket behind the hose. I initially installed the hose without the inner spring from the old hose so I could easily pop it off several times when flushing it to drain it. I used irontite Thoro flush. It looked like powdered cherry cool aid. I filled it back up ran it 15 mins and dumped the water via lower hose. The mess was red and lots of rusty water. I refilled with water and ran it. I blocked the rad so it would heat up and drove two miles and got it up to 190 ish on the gauge. this time when dumping it it was even dirtier. I could still see a hint of the cleaner color so I did it again. I wound up filling running and dumping it 6 times to get clear water when draining. The last time I cracked the heater pet cock and let that piss until there was no trace of cleaner color, just clear water. I saw that it was posted that the capacity was 32 qts and several had problems getting over 20-22 qts when filling. so I figured I would start with 4 gals 16 qts of straight antifreeze first to make sure I got enough in. It took the 4 gals only. I had to run it shut it down for a while and re start it later to get one more gal in which makes 20 qts added similar to what others said. I hope the pics I added show up. Iam glad I added the antifreeze straight and not mixed or I wouldn't have been able to get the 50/50 mix in the end. Iam retired know so plan on driving and playing with the trucks. Thanks for all the good info from all here it really helped me.0[2].jpg0[1].jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks