• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LT. Dan M35a2 Modification Thread

Back end is pretty much finished up and the main power wiring for the 12v system is done too. The dash panel is all wired and installed. you can see the low air pressure light lit.
Tomorrow going to throw two tires together quick and get them on the truck so it doesn't look stupid any more. Then I'm going to pull around back of the house and flex her on the train tracks and see how bad the front is going to rub.

Also going to be finishing up the brakes and putting the master cylinder and air pack back in and running all new hard lines. I also got my new axle seals boots and clamps to put on too.

Attachments

Thanks Harold. .... and welcome to deuce ownership lol.....

So today I got the rear tires mounted and on the truck. I couldn't resist and take her around the back for some back yard wheeling. I also got the air pack and master cylinder back in the truck so now I just have to run the new lines and it's road ready.

The tires didn't rub to bad thankfully but it wasn't flexed as hard as it could be. I'm not to worried about it anyway. My flipped wheels will be made right after the truck is done.

Attachments

Clamped my Hitch in place tonight and man it looks good. With the drop in it I'm down to around 21" so that should be good enough to tow any trailer. I still have to make the bushing for it yet.

Does anyone have a m105 they could measure the distance from the spring to the pads on the over load springs?

Attachments

Sorry just wasn't posting on SS didn't seem like many were interested. But I have been extremely busy on the truck.

All new brake lines are ran. Only thing I have to do is the front axle lines.

Been very frustrating lately. Every time I think things are going good something is broke or messed up. Last week it was the left side brakes not adjusting right which I still haven't figured out. I just adjusted them as best as possible.

Today I started the front axle. I got it all apart. Everything looked good till I pull the top king pin plate and found the knuckle is cracked. Really pisses me off. Another set back. Then I took my driveshaft to the shop to get a estimate to have it lengthened and it will cost $180 which I didn't think was to bad, but now both u joints are shot. So they need done and I can't find a straight answer on here what they are. Some threads say a spicer 1510 others say spicer 1550. So idk another thing that pisses me off.

And I start 12 hr days on Monday 2 weeks on 2 weeks off so there won't be much working on the truck the next few weeks cause I'll be beat. 72 hr weeks are long weeks.

I'm hoping tomorrow to start cleaning and painting the front end and running the rest of the brake lines. I found a knuckle just have to come up with the cash and not take away from my family or more important bills.

Attachments

M35A2TN

Don't worry about them! I'm in love with the build! Keep us updated! Looks real good! I can't wait to get mine in the next month! Like have already spotted an A2 with no bed that will either become a bobber or a tractor conversion after I do some work on the other truck

skinnyR1

I feel ya dan. It seems like you and I are just talking to one another in each others threads. Haha.

And my truck is as problematic. Fix one leak, discover another. If its not one thing it is another. You are much deeper into yours though, as far as mods and rebuild. Im just takin my time and making sure I can always still drive it. Once yours is on the road again, im sure you will love it again.