• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lug wrench ?

nspctr1

So, I'm wondering if there is a market for lug wrenches for the deuce? If so, what are they going for? what are all of the parts to them?

Thx

Kevin

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The standard BII lug wrench is a straight bar with sockets on both ends, about 15 inches long, and a 22 inch (or thereabouts) long 3/4 inch diameter plain rod to turn it with. There is a geared lug wrench that has two shafts, one inside the other, and a longer piece of pipe to act as a counterstop to the actions of the plain rod. The first is kinda cheap, usually under $25 complete, with shipping, the second starts about $100 delivered, and is still sold by Ken Tools for a retail price about six times the e-bay prices. Which one are you talking about?

91W350

I was kind of disappointed at how easy the bar bends. I bought a 1" breaker bar and an old Budd socket. I had to buy an adapter for the 1" bar to the 3/4" socket as well. Now I have a set up I can actually get on and bounce to break the lug loose. They are horrible tight as they come out of service. I assume they are hitting them with 1" impact wrenches. I also carry a pork chop, just in case. Glen

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I carry an Aluminum camo net pole as a breaker bar. Also have a 4 way lug wrench that fits, found it out in the middle of nowhere bird hunting.

91W350

A pork chop is a tool named for its shape. It goes over the nut and engages a hole or another nut, edge of the wheel, anything to stop the outer nut from turning in case the inner nut comes loose instead of the outer nut. Otherwise you have two nut clamped together and a battle to get the outer nut lose. It make it really hard to turn that outer nut when the pressure between the two nuts keeps the wheel pinched.

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A pork chop is a tool named for its shape. It goes over the nut and engages a hole or another nut, edge of the wheel, anything to stop the outer nut from turning in case the inner nut comes loose instead of the outer nut. Otherwise you have two wheels clamped together and a battle to get the outer nut lose.
Where did you get this

PropDr

For those of you that don't like Walmart. Grainger has them for 25. Order it for will call and pick it up at your local branch no shipping necessary. They call it a "cap nut wrench" but its still ken tool brand. Graniger PN is 2WFC5.

PropDr

Amazon has them for 13.99, shipping 4.99

Had a bad experience with them recently. One of their vendors had the bright idea to commit wire fraud using my personal info. They opened an account in my name and started charging things to my debit card. So on that note I wish you good luck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I carry an Aluminum camo net pole as a breaker bar. Also have a 4 way lug wrench that fits, found it out in the middle of nowhere bird hunting.
For shop use I have a one inch impact gun that I use with the Bud Socket......spins them off in a heartbeat.

For on the road I use a one inch breaker bar, the Bud Socket and the above mentioned aluminum cheater bar.

I learned a long time ago the BII lug wrench is a PITA to use and unless you have a jack stand to rest it on it will invarably slip off the lug nut and send me in to a state of pissed off that I rarely achieve.

Invest in the Bud Socket and breaker bar....it is money well spent. You will need an extension to get into the rear wheels unless they have been singled out.