• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1031 Contact Truck Generator issue

brianrbull

I have a M-1031 with the PTO generator.... Generator works well... steady voltage, Steady HZ, 120v line to N, 208-210v Line to Line, The air compressor in the rear runs well..... Now for my issue....

I have an S280 with the standard PDICE 5 pin cable. I removed the "Welder" plug from the generator control panel and installed a PDICE plug so I can power my shelter from the CUCV. When I connect the power cable to the output from the generator I have proper voltages at the pins (IE line to N 120, Line to LIne 208.) BUT when I connect it to the shelter I get 208 at the outlets, I have tried 3 diferent cables, same thing.... I brought out a Mep-003 connected it , checked voltages at the cable before connection... ( all proper) and I get normal voltages at the outlet....

Is the generator on the CUCV not able to do 120/208 3 phase? or am I missing something?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you 100% sure the neutral has continuity from the truck's panel to the S280 panel? Yes the SECM generator is 3 phase 120/208.

brianrbull

NDT, I am an ID10T The welder plug is a 4 pin(Blade) plug.... I made the assumption that the 4th pin was Neutral..... Well I was wrong..... ran a new wire ...... and now she is working fine... running both 18k military A/C's slick as you please....

The HZ fluctuate about 1-2 HZ is there a way to smooth that out ?

Keith_J

That could have been really bad. Fortunately you tested before connecting.

When I get around to it, I want to make a patch panel to easily reconnect the generator so it can either power the SECM or produce 120/240 split. That would derate it to 8-10 kW but would be useful for home backup power.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks