• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1031 Contact Truck Generator issue

brianrbull

I have a M-1031 with the PTO generator.... Generator works well... steady voltage, Steady HZ, 120v line to N, 208-210v Line to Line, The air compressor in the rear runs well..... Now for my issue....

I have an S280 with the standard PDICE 5 pin cable. I removed the "Welder" plug from the generator control panel and installed a PDICE plug so I can power my shelter from the CUCV. When I connect the power cable to the output from the generator I have proper voltages at the pins (IE line to N 120, Line to LIne 208.) BUT when I connect it to the shelter I get 208 at the outlets, I have tried 3 diferent cables, same thing.... I brought out a Mep-003 connected it , checked voltages at the cable before connection... ( all proper) and I get normal voltages at the outlet....

Is the generator on the CUCV not able to do 120/208 3 phase? or am I missing something?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you 100% sure the neutral has continuity from the truck's panel to the S280 panel? Yes the SECM generator is 3 phase 120/208.

brianrbull

NDT, I am an ID10T The welder plug is a 4 pin(Blade) plug.... I made the assumption that the 4th pin was Neutral..... Well I was wrong..... ran a new wire ...... and now she is working fine... running both 18k military A/C's slick as you please....

The HZ fluctuate about 1-2 HZ is there a way to smooth that out ?

Keith_J

That could have been really bad. Fortunately you tested before connecting.

When I get around to it, I want to make a patch panel to easily reconnect the generator so it can either power the SECM or produce 120/240 split. That would derate it to 8-10 kW but would be useful for home backup power.