• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 123's going to the scrap yard

eldgenb

Well Guys, I am up here in the great northwest and a client of mine has 5 m123's with diesels in them that he is going to scrap, I am heading out there in a week or so to pull the tops off and some other little things but this is your change to stand up and make an offer for whatever parts or truck you may want/need before they get scrapped. I do not have the final say on value so make your best offer and I will try to bring it all home and ship where needed. There are no winches on the trucks, most of them are missing something big like a radiator, front axle etc but there are enough trucks here to make one or two complete ones.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There are three of them within 3 miles of my house....they are owned by a scrapper and so far he has seen fit not to take the "blue flame speed wrench" to them.

Scrap is high now so the price you might have to pay to get one would put it north of what a collector value is.

If there is any good news it is that the more that are scrapped the higher the value of the ones that survive.

It's a shame to see them end up that way.

Bighurt

To bad I don't have a shop....I hate seeing rare items go tot eh dumpster, some aren't to bad off. Bet Dirt71 will want a few choice pieces...

eldgenb

To bad I don't have a shop....I hate seeing rare items go tot eh dumpster, some aren't to bad off. Bet Dirt71 will want a few choice pieces...
Yeah I have talked to David about them and logistically they are too far away for anything sizable unless he chimes in and is looking for a mysterious part.

Varyag

When are they getting trashed? I might be able to come up this coming weekend to see what I can pull off of them.

I could use a top and a couple wind shields plus some small parts if we could work it out.

I would take one if my wallet could handle it...

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I can say is ****ed shame. Its too far for me to do anything to save any of them. Really need one somewhere EAST of the Missippi that needs a home. (preferrably in the Northeast) But as I've said before and Wreckerman stated again here, the fewer there are, the more they cost.....

eldgenb

Will the hard top fit a deuce? Are you getting them all for you?
Yes I am taking all of the hard tops, fuel heater, a couple doors, window glass, mirrors and some general stuff.
I do a lot with deuces so a lot of the crossover stuff I will be keeping or selling myself, this is more for the M123 specific items or stuff I just won't use. Feel free to call me and we can discuss what you want and I will let you know if I can get it or not.

Last edited:

eldgenb

If you need any help I am 3 hours away in Idaho PM me .I would like a Front window. If it will fit a M35A2:-D
the front windows will fit, I will buy all of the ones that are in good condition and distribute them once I make sure I have a pair for myself.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
with such things being unfortunately scrapped, I hope someone will be able to save the fun stuff like the engines, trans, axles and springs, etc. No doubt a 4-wheel fanatic would buy the axles and transfers, etc. The more drivetrains we save from the scrapper and sell to offroaders, the less trucks the offroaders will scrap for drivetrains.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks