• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 123's going to the scrap yard

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, when I think back to the public floggings Rat4Spd and I used to take when we even THOUGHT about bobbing a 10 ton.

eldgenb

If you need help I have 15, and a 32 ton jacks! I would also take out the insterment panals!

Yeah I am planning on taking out all of the gauges etc, the panels are different than the M35's etc. (according to pictures in the -10 manual) but I will pull them anyways. I am trying to get a hold of one of the guys that build these trucks, I am contemplating getting two front ends and build a wild deuce with air braked/unimog type hardcore axles as long as they are tough enough to handle 400+ hp.

I also have some big air over hydraulic jacks and my knuckle boom so I should have plenty of automation.

eldgenb

Ok, I am heading out there in the morning, if you have not made a cash offer I will not be pulling your parts, I will have to cover these items on my own dollar and I do not want be stuck with my johnson in my hand if there are non payers. So I will post some pics of the tear down for those who care and for those I have spoken to looking for larger items from these trucks.
Catch ya later!

goodguyzy

has there ever been a "MV parts swap meet" in the northwest? or any place? its really hard to ship stuff (to heavy) I have never been to a rally, do you guys sell parts there?

eldgenb

I have never heard of one, I am not sure there are enough of us up here to make a party out of it or not. I know they have the rally's on the west side but they are a pretty penny for me to attend with fuel and all.

eldgenb

Well guys after a long day of recovery yesterday things were not as efficient as one may have hoped. To make a long story short I was not able to get anything anyone else requested due to the owner/owners of the trucks have no idea what they are trying to get out of them and when I asked when they are going to salvage them Sr said that they aren't going to salvage them until they are picked clean and it was kind of a rags to riches scheme. I went out there with a financial agreement with one of the son's that Sr (original contact) put me in touch with and after driving two and a half hours Sr called his son for a confirmation on price and the son said no agreement had been made. So after some choice words an acceptable agreement was made but no near what I was looking for. I did figure out that they are wanting $2500 per truck as they sit. There is only 1 truck worth that in my opinion and it is the one with an engine with no front end. Body/drivetrain are most complete and best protected from the elements. More parts are out of the question but if someone wants a complete truck let me know and I will get in touch with the owner for you. Pictures to follow very soon once I download them from my camera!!

Last edited: