• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-52 Recovery

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That little trailer would definitely fit the bill. Not too big, just big enough.
There’s a National Guard museum here in Cheyenne. They have a 155 cannon on display. I’ve thought of offering to tow it in one of the CFD parades. Not sure they’d take me up on it...
What kind of tank is that? Not familiar with armor except the M-1 Abrams and the M-2 Bradley.
I'll have to go back through some photos. I know I saw a cannon following an M52 somewhere.

Here's a better picture of the armor. I'm almost certain it purrs and belongs in the Leopard family. Again, pictures out of CMV from DM.

Attachments

TheQuaker

What kind of tank is that? Not familiar with armor except the M-1 Abrams and the M-2 Bradley.
It's a Leopard 2. Looks like a CAF 2A6 as it appears to have the additional boxes on the turret bustle that their 2A4's did not have, at least from the factory.

Easy way to distinguish a Leopard (1 or 2) from similar-profile MBT's (like the Abrams) are the distinctive triangular-looking steps/stirrups on the lower track skirts. The Leopards have very substantial mounting stirrups on the track skirts.

Edit: Forgot to add that is a gorgeous package of the tractor, trailer and the Leopard. (y)

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stumbled upon some books on the 5 ton series and strongly believe that even a pig can't argue about the details in these books. Let me know if you need anything.........I have versions in both French or English. How's the healing going?

View attachment 819442

View attachment 819443View attachment 819443View attachment 819445View attachment 819446
I’ve got the time but it’s a might bit to cold to work in. I don’t remember asking but would it be possible to get paper copies of the wiring diagrams? I tried saving and printing from the pictures and it ended up looking like a spaghetti sandwich.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stumbled upon some books on the 5 ton series and strongly believe that even a pig can't argue about the details in these books. Let me know if you need anything.........I have versions in both French or English. How's the healing going?

View attachment 819442

View attachment 819443View attachment 819443View attachment 819445View attachment 819446
(y) You mean those ones right there up there? (y)👆

I'll dig through the manuals and see what else is there. Slip me an email through that unused private message system and we'll scan what we can. My good scanner and compressor girl is in the office so I'll sneak in tomorrow if the snow stays away. Just keep sending memos, reminders, smoke signals and cookies until we get this done.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a test and only a test. I disconnected the batteries before this test. Try these out.

Attachments

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a wire harness for the front half of the truck. At some point I’m going to get back to work on it. First priority is the G506. Once that’s finished (or work stoppage due to parts) and the weather ain’t too bad and the sun ain’t too hot… excuses, got a million of them. One way or another, I’ve got to finish the M52. Even if it’s just to sell it (not best option) or make it parade worthy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks