• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 comes home finally

evldoer

Well I brought home my first m1008 from Ft Meade. The starter, starter cable, driveshaft, glow plug card, and a few other misc. things were missing. Truck has 20,000 miles, but was assaulted by a forklift on the passenger side sheetmetal. I put in a new 12 volt starter, rewired it for 12 volts, and the truck runs great. Until I can find a deal on a card, I am going to put a push button in for the glow plugs.The oil cooler lines were removed and I found them laying in the bed. They are rusted up and full of dirt, so for now I have the oil ports plugged. I will replump them in the near future with some -6 an lines.
Also, for the rear driveshaft, I have a 1983 3/4 ton chevy 4x4 that I robbed the driveshaft from to replace the missing one on the cucv. It was a perfect fit, so if anyone is in need of one and can find a driveshaft from a junkyard it might save you some money versus having a new one made. Hope that helps someone out.

evldoer

Alright fellas, looks like I am going to catch **** until I get some pics up so bear with me til I figure out how to post some.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks