• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 comes home finally

evldoer

Well I brought home my first m1008 from Ft Meade. The starter, starter cable, driveshaft, glow plug card, and a few other misc. things were missing. Truck has 20,000 miles, but was assaulted by a forklift on the passenger side sheetmetal. I put in a new 12 volt starter, rewired it for 12 volts, and the truck runs great. Until I can find a deal on a card, I am going to put a push button in for the glow plugs.The oil cooler lines were removed and I found them laying in the bed. They are rusted up and full of dirt, so for now I have the oil ports plugged. I will replump them in the near future with some -6 an lines.
Also, for the rear driveshaft, I have a 1983 3/4 ton chevy 4x4 that I robbed the driveshaft from to replace the missing one on the cucv. It was a perfect fit, so if anyone is in need of one and can find a driveshaft from a junkyard it might save you some money versus having a new one made. Hope that helps someone out.

evldoer

Alright fellas, looks like I am going to catch **** until I get some pics up so bear with me til I figure out how to post some.