• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Exhaust size

Cucvnut

Does anyone know what the factory exhaust size is of the pipe ? is it 2 1/4 or 2 1/2? I searched but I could not find what i was looking for.

axemurdock

Would we get power putting on 3" pipes with no muffler ? Or does a diesel need backpressure like a gasser does .

ida34

My muffler connections are 2 1/2" ID making the actual exhaust pipes 2 1/2 OD. The actual dimensions vary widely on a stock truck. The exhaust pipe necks down for about 6 inches right after the flange and it looks like it goes down to 2 1/4 but I have not measured. I am putting on new exhaust and started tonight and will finish in the morning so this is very fresh information.

jimmy-90

Stock exhaust is 2.5 inch from the engine to the inlet of the muffler and 2.25 after that.
same for a M1009
That is what mine was. 2 1/2" from the exhaust manifolds to the mufflers and 2 1/4" the rest of the way back. I put a set of 2 1/2" dynomax straight throughs on mine with 2 1/2" pipes all the way back. Gotta say that pluming the pipe on the pass side was a real pain because of the e-brake bracketing. Latter on I wound up having to butcher the tail pipes in order to make room for a class-4 trailer hitch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks