• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Exhaust size

Cucvnut

Does anyone know what the factory exhaust size is of the pipe ? is it 2 1/4 or 2 1/2? I searched but I could not find what i was looking for.

axemurdock

Would we get power putting on 3" pipes with no muffler ? Or does a diesel need backpressure like a gasser does .

ida34

My muffler connections are 2 1/2" ID making the actual exhaust pipes 2 1/2 OD. The actual dimensions vary widely on a stock truck. The exhaust pipe necks down for about 6 inches right after the flange and it looks like it goes down to 2 1/4 but I have not measured. I am putting on new exhaust and started tonight and will finish in the morning so this is very fresh information.

jimmy-90

Stock exhaust is 2.5 inch from the engine to the inlet of the muffler and 2.25 after that.
same for a M1009
That is what mine was. 2 1/2" from the exhaust manifolds to the mufflers and 2 1/4" the rest of the way back. I put a set of 2 1/2" dynomax straight throughs on mine with 2 1/2" pipes all the way back. Gotta say that pluming the pipe on the pass side was a real pain because of the e-brake bracketing. Latter on I wound up having to butcher the tail pipes in order to make room for a class-4 trailer hitch.