• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Hanging Low (not in a good way)!

original

During the installation of homemade mud flaps, I noticed that the drivers side of my 85 m1008 is sitting about an inch lower than the passenger side. I measured off the frame, in a level garage, for these results. Note, I am not fat so don't blame obesity for the drivers side sinking. :cookoo:

91W350

It is a lot of work, but you can move the springs right to left and left to right. That will give the tired ones a break and the fresher ones a chance to get broken down a little. It would not be worth all of the work to me, guess I am not particular enough. Glen

91W350

Pick about anything with leaf springs, even Toyota LandCruisers developed the lean. All the old Jeeps were horrible about it.

stampy

Depends. How much money do you want to throw at it? If you are cheap just move the current springs. If you are looking for better performance and are planning on building the truck anyway then I say go for new. Don't forget neoprene bushings if you are switching your old springs it's cheap insurance

original

Thanks for the suggestions. I just ordered two new front springs. I will order the rear springs when one butt cheek sits higher than the other again. I would still like to know what a peg leg is.

ODdave

Inspect your rear springs carefully and you may even find cracks in them where the alignment pin goes through the middle of them. I have seen it often.

badga the badger

Peg Leg: 1)a leg subsitute made primarily out of wood. when said peg leg is uneven, it creates the illusion that eventhing is tilted. if you incounter this problem driving a MV, you have a few options: you may even out the leg, upgrade the springs, or get a big person to ride on the other side.

i have no idea what the original joke was i just started being random. i figure this is as good of guess as any.