• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 do you drive without the back?

Timber

I haven't had the top off my M1009 yet, but I also own a civvy K5 and the top has been off over a year. I keep a tarp over it, right now it's a sometimes-driver.

I'm guessing the top weighs around 150 lbs and isn't a problem for two guys to take off. My M1009 is my fourth Blazer and I love the top-gone ride. The half-cab keeps the sun off your noggin and with the doors and windows, the wind is a non-issue.

digitaldust

all very good info guys thank you all very much. I think when I get a M1009 I will try to make up a divider wall for the cab with a canvas tent kinda thing. I dont plan on keeping the back seat in all the time. The truck looks like a hard-Azz S10 with a +10 fun factor.

Oh 73 N1BNC DE KC8DUP ..Going to take my General test soon. and make the whip on the truck hot

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks