• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 do you drive without the back?

Timber

I haven't had the top off my M1009 yet, but I also own a civvy K5 and the top has been off over a year. I keep a tarp over it, right now it's a sometimes-driver.

I'm guessing the top weighs around 150 lbs and isn't a problem for two guys to take off. My M1009 is my fourth Blazer and I love the top-gone ride. The half-cab keeps the sun off your noggin and with the doors and windows, the wind is a non-issue.

digitaldust

all very good info guys thank you all very much. I think when I get a M1009 I will try to make up a divider wall for the cab with a canvas tent kinda thing. I dont plan on keeping the back seat in all the time. The truck looks like a hard-Azz S10 with a +10 fun factor.

Oh 73 N1BNC DE KC8DUP ..Going to take my General test soon. and make the whip on the truck hot