• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Exhaust

my86m1009

I apologize if this is already on here but i couldn't find anything through the search bar.
Anyways, being a gearhead, i love hearing the exhaust on my vehicles. When i bought my m1009 first thing i realized i need to change the stock exhaust. I am stuck on what to do. I was thinking straight pipes, then glasspacks, then flowmaster 40 series. I am not sure what would be nice sounding but not too loud so i won't get stopped everyday. Does anyone have any opinions on this or any other options i should consider?

engineman2

Exhaust

I tried straight pipes for a bit on my M1008. They aren't too loud from outside on this truck, but they are oppressively loud in a truck with little noise dampening. The next day after removing the mufflers and installing turndowns I hauled literally an oak tree worth of logs in the bed and in my nifty German Wehrmacht trailer. Taking off up a super steep hill at a traffic light that truck screamed so loud I was sure everyone for a mile must have heard it. But, I digress. Shortly thereafter I gutted the stock mufflers. The truck now has some sound and breathes better. The best part? It cost me 4 hours, some MIG wire and a few bits of steel plate I had in the shop. Just my own experience, YMMV.

edpdx

I know my Blazer is noisey; but I assume it is generally from the engine and road noise/tires. Is the stock exhaust noisey? Could it stand to be quieted with better mufflers? Hmmm.

M1008driver

I would go with the Flowmaster. It will be plenty loud and sound cool taking off at stop lights too. Maybe some new exhaust pipes. Mine was a pieced together mess of different sizes on my M1008.

my86m1009

my pipes are actually in pretty good shape to my suprise, i was thinking the flowmasters also so i could get them to weld directly up

my86m1009

I'm not quite sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.... Just saw your hand, holy ****... What did you do? I think ill do the exhaust after i fix a few other problems.

ryan77

I'm not quite sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.... Just saw your hand, holy ****... What did you do? I think ill do the exhaust after i fix a few other problems.

Cutting the fenders on the truck for the hummer wheels!! I get the 15 stitches out tomorrow! It was great working construction with 15 stitches in my hand!!!!! But when you work on this junk your going to get bit once in a while......

ryan77

Good body is solid but the floor has a couple of holes due to the carpet being wet for a while, Also needs a brake booster! The wonderfull county i bought it off of cut all the brake lines and some wiring! I got all that fixed and got it running! Wife's pissed because i got a m1102 hummer trailer in the garage also!

my86m1009

hahaha, **** happens... I wanna see it sometime, im on spring break this week, if you got a little time maybe wednesday or thursday. I wanna take my truck for a ride

I was going towards the glasspacks because of price and sound
I wasn't impressed with cherrybomb glasspacks on my 1008. They don't take out enough of the high-pitch tones. Too snappy and crackly. I took them off and went straight pipes out the back, then sold it. 6.2's get really loud when they rev higher.

On my 1009 I'm thinking about getting a 3" single exhaust with some kind of turbo mufflers. Or possibly Flowmaster 70 series. I'm going for better flow rather than just sound.

But it's your truck. Play around with it, and find what works for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks