• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Exhaust

REDWOLF

Definatly not strait pipes i am running that way now and holy smokes is it load, exspecialy under a load. And then the droan when you are crussen will crack you scull. No some kind of good mufler. I am planning on running two 21/2 inc pipes at the stock locations with two nice mufflers .

Proud Army Dad

My M1009 I just bought has a brand new set of glass packs on it. Can't wait to get rid of them. Going with turbo or generic flowmasters. I like the sound of the diesel, and at take off it sounds like any other small block Chevy truck. Also, I have pretty understanding neighbors, but I'm sure they don't like it when I leave for work at 5am...

ryan77

You kids and your loud exhaust!! The trucks are loud enough! Now i know why old people by Buicks! The older i get the less noise i want to hear!!!!:beer:

epartsman

I bought a pair of walkers, tailpipes and some clamps. I was shocked to find that the fit was perfect and the mufflers had the same p/n stamped on them as my originals. Everything bolted up and slid right on (with a little coaxing).
It was the best choice for me routing everything in the stock locations so the smell of spent diesel stopped permiating the passenger compartment through my swiss cheese floor.

True Knight

I hate glasspacks. Always have. I come from a muscle car background so a deep, powerful rumbling V8 is what I love. So I put on some 40 series Flowmasters with turndowns before the rear axle. Sounds great, less weight without all the pipe over the rear axle, was super easy, really cheap (total of $60 for both mufflers- new on eBay).

Attachments

AllenEM

I had glasspacks and 2 1/2" tailpipes on mine and liked it alot. the stock exhaust is only 2" so I opened it up at least from the muffler back.

my86m1009

I had a friend come over yesterday with his M1009 and he has 40 series flowmasters. I loved the sound and it was still quiet at idle. Just need to order them up now!

willey10

I put 3" stainless steel Banks exhaust on my 1009 and the cold air inlet tube it seems to flow better and it is not noisy either. it comes out on the passenger side single outlet.

Pballer71

Thank you think im gonna go with the flow masters. I want something loud with a deep sound but dont want to pull over by cops and get a ticket for them.

I have two flow-tecs from flea bay on mine. Good, heavy wall mufflers. The pipes came from Summit and are to fit a small block chevy in a k30. They fit alright. I preferred the ones I had bent at the local shop for my 1009 better though. On it I had two stainless flea bay mufflers that worked fine.

donalloy1

:)I had Muffler shop local to me start fresh all the way from Exhaust Manifolds to tips. Little spendy! Close to 500 for all. Bends on port side were a pain! Ran 2 Chamber FlowMasters. Sounds good! Not to loud though. Just right for me.

Word of advice. Direct down if going with oem exits!