• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009, first drive

bigginstactical

Nothing in the pics is that huge of a concern. It is a bit rusty but you should be able to fix everything. The frame Id take simple things off of it... pressure wash it and hit is with a wire brush to knock the loose stuff off and then brush on POR15 or hammerite. Our shop we use both but I have had the best results with POR15. As far as panel replacements just remember its easier to cut a little more off then it is to add it back haha. You seem like you have a get it done attitude i'm sure you will have this thing looking good in no time!

robd

I think the floor pans / rockers first... My 4 year old is enamored by the truck, and want's to ride in it, I want to get it as tetanus-free as possible.

I'm wrestling with whether to do a FATMAT on the floor, bed lining, or something else...

From there, I'm not sure... Will want to tackle insulation, under-body rust removal / undercoating, new dash, and panel repairs... not sure what order. Finally, a paint job back to 383 Green. :)

Any advise/guidance/cost saving maneuvers on the above tasks would be much appreciated...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks